PDA

View Full Version : e-mag question

teichild
01-16-2010, 09:22 PM
hi all. i see alot of very smart people on this forum and want to ask a question about some parts i bought recently.

i have a karta body with matching karta rail ( from an e-mag ), an x-valve with lvl 10 superbolt, and i just bought a e-mag lower for it.

now the question is, will this all go together and work properly? i was roaming around the forums here and see that some people are haveing problems getting their x-valve to work with an e-mag trigger frame. something about the "pin" not being short enough or something to that effect. i also noticed that people are talking about a on/off switch on the valve i think for an e-mag. it could just be that im ignoraint but i dont see an on/off on my x-valve. my X came from an RT pro that i have been slowly upgradeing to the point now that its basicly a whole new gun.

i figure this would be a good place to ask this even though most of you will think im a noob. any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Tunaman
01-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Your Xvalve probably has a standard on/off...which is what you want...NOT a ULT. You will need the .712 pin and quad oring to make the emag work right. I have them if you need them. Email tunaman5@comcast.net

maniacmechanic
01-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Evidently you bought the X valve off Fiery
Tuna is allways right
You forgot THE PICS

teichild
01-16-2010, 09:54 PM
fast response. Im gonna go with tunas advice, no offence fiery, just seems like tuna is the athority on everything mag. and i would post some pics but i broke my camera last month and havnt replaced it yet.

thanx again guys

Ando
01-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Biggest things about lowers is they traded hands regularly and people adj them to run different setups. I'm guilty of it myself, I've adj my main E-mag to run a ULT for mech mode. When people do that though, standard setups like a normal on/off with the .712 pin won't work with it anymore and you'll have to adj everything back to nominal.

We can talk you through the adjustments which is :clap: or you could send it off to a tech (ADG or Tuna) and they'll get it running for you without a 3 page thread ;)

If the person you purchased the lowers was running a standard on/off, you shouldn't have any worries. If you do run into a problem, the forums is the best place to get the information you need. :cheers:

teichild
01-16-2010, 11:38 PM
im gonna purchase a new pin and 4 oring setup from tuna and see if i cant get it rockin myself. hopefuly it works out, if not maybe ill see if tuna would take a look at it if he has time. thanx for the info.

fierymartel
01-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Ouch! That hurt. Again, take it or leave it. Not at all an expert or even close. I believe I've even included a disclosure. No, he didn't buy the valve from me.

maniacmechanic
01-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Ouch! That hurt. Again, take it or leave it. Not at all an expert or even close. I believe I've even included a disclosure. No, he didn't buy the valve from me.

No disrespect , it sounded like you knew the valve he had , had a ULT in it , I assumed he bought it from you ( I was wrong )
Like Ando said running a ULT in a E Mag is very techy , it take a lot of expermenting to get one to run right

fierymartel
01-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Nope, I'm a Noob! LOL, I thought xvalves came with the ULT. That sucks if they don't cause I think I'm gonna need one for my Hyperframe. :cry: