PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys help me ID 2 guns

Mossman
01-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Hey y'all. Been out of the sport for years but have recently been getting the itch to play again and a few buddies are sharing the same sentiments. I found a local guy selling a package with a few guns, A couple of them look nice and I was wondering if anyone could tell me values and/or exact model names so I can do more research.

Sorry for asking such a newbish question when I don't contribute to this forum anymore but trust me I was a die hard AO'er for years and I helped my fair share of stupid mags back then before I forgot everything I knew.

I know the one on the left is a proto, but can anyone tell me year/model or anything else about it? One on the right I don't know what it is except it's a naughty dogs team model

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p256/mrmoskowitz/pb.jpg

Thanks a ton guys
-Sam

ClassicMagger
01-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey:

The one on the right is a Freestyle if I'm not mistaken. I can't tell you a lick more about it though, sorry.

Hope that helps.

-ClassicMagger

ClassicMagger
01-18-2010, 08:09 PM
HOLD ON....it's Mossman.

WELCOME BACK. Didn't even recognize the username until just now. Good to see that you're still alive.

-ClassicMagger

MoeMag
01-18-2010, 08:10 PM
The proto is one of the first proto SLG that had the plastic and rubber trigger end of 06... so prob an 07 marker. That bottom one is a Viewloader walmart special (junk not worth the scrap ZA-3 the bolt is made of). ant the other almost looks like an indian creek freestyle. not sure, havent seen one in a long time.

leloup
01-18-2010, 08:12 PM
I agree, it is a freestyle. Look for going rates on pbn. I think they are around $250-300 last I looked at them a couple of months ago. That pinkish one is a walmart special, value...I don't think it really has one. I have seen people give those away for free. The proto looks like an SLG.

devildog
01-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Mossman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tribalman
01-19-2010, 04:49 AM
indeed the one one the right is a freestyle.

also, thank you for asking questions got me looking also into more info and i found out that vaporworks is no longer doing repair work on the guns. you need to be careful with it if you end up getting it. ICD will take 4-6 months to fix if you send it in. you really need to watch the LPR on the gun cause it is very easy to put too much in and then strip the solenoid manifold and also damage the plastic gasket and o-rings between the manifold and the solenoid, that's what happened to me.

Enemy
01-19-2010, 05:33 AM
proto as stated is a late 06-07 rail... the other is a freestyle id put both guns in the 250-300 range.

MoeMag
01-19-2010, 06:41 AM
proto as stated is a late 06-07 rail... the other is a freestyle id put both guns in the 250-300 range.

duh.
thanks.. yeah its a PMR. Not an SLG. Acronyms... too many of them!!!
:cheers:

mpsd
01-19-2010, 06:33 PM
I'd say the Proto should be worth $150 tops. Same thing for the Freestyle so a total of $300. If he insists you take the third gun, make it a good $280 LOL

Welcome back!

:cheers:

punkncat
01-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Tried to PM you back, but your inbox is full.

rythm68
01-19-2010, 08:24 PM
The Freestyle is the Naughty Dog team gun. It should have the paw milled into the back of the gun.

pk5
01-19-2010, 08:27 PM
The naughty dog one is a naughty dog Freestyle, also known as the FSP.

This was made at least 4 years ago, reliable in most case and you can fix most of the problem yourself. Visit ICDO (www.icd-owners.com) if you need help. It is not as efficient as an FS8 or ABFS with HR1 mod. But it will shoot.

The worth value of a naughty dog FS i'll say in the high 150, low 100. Problem being that you can get FS8 for 200, and FS7 for about 130, so the naughty dog is 1 generation before the FS7, and worth less in this economy.

phizz
01-20-2010, 08:51 AM
I used to have an 04 freestyle and I absolutely loved that marker. It had the H1 bolt upgrade for efficiency but it still sucked. They shoot nice and smooth and if one was for sale here locally for $100 I would buy it. I don't know much about the ND freestyles but that is not a stock reg on it or a stock board by yhe looks of it. the stock board works with a couple switches in the back.

Dend78
01-20-2010, 09:03 AM
i heard a lot of bad from one of my buddies....he was on one of the pro teams for a while, he said one day or night actually after the first day of play somewhere he went over to the ND's hotel room to find about 10 or more of those FSP's all apart and being raped for any part they could find just to get enough guns up and running for day two...plus past experience with ICD and their ultra quick turn around time was umm needless to say not satisfactory. They said it would take one week for them to fix 2 things on a BKO I had. Long story short almost a month and a half later and a 50.00 dollar charge on a $3 dollar part and some solder I got the BKO back....needless to say im not real happy with them still...but i will say most of their guns work well Ive owned almost everything they have ever made and they all seem to be pretty solid just a pain in the arse to get teched by an ICD tech.

TeamBob
01-20-2010, 10:17 AM
BUY A MAG!!! :tard: