PDA

View Full Version : Automag w/ PF or Minimag

jmcj5
02-05-2002, 01:38 PM
I want to pick one up but I'm really torn between the two. Price really doesn't matter to me, I just need to know if one is better that the other. I am aware that a vertical adapter and barrel are standard on the Mini. Are the valves the same too? Please help

wicked_mag
02-05-2002, 02:01 PM
valves r the same cept one says minimag and the other says classic. The other difference between the two is the body the minimag is a better looking body to most ppl, otherwise the vertical adapter and i believer rubber grips on the mini mag are the difference between the two. If i were you i would get which ever is cheaper at the time and upgrade it, cuz u might wanna get a powedercoated body or somthing like that anyway.

jmcj5
02-05-2002, 03:17 PM
Well, I found a MiniMag for $299.99. It's $20.00 more than the Automag w/PF, so I guess I'll go with the Mini since it comes with a barrel. Doesn't the valve on the mini have 3 stars compared to the Auto w/PF with 1 star?

wicked_mag
02-05-2002, 03:20 PM
not sure bout the star thing, but just to let you know i guarantee your gonna want another barrel than the one that comes on it so don't base it on that

jmcj5
02-05-2002, 03:28 PM
Does the stock barrel suck? I read somewhere that the barrel length shouldn't be more than 12 inches or there is a velocity dropoff.

What barrel do you recommend?

circa3182
02-05-2002, 04:20 PM
I believe that the Minimag valve body comes with 4 stars verses just the one on the Classic/Powerfeed. Correct me if I'm wrong.... there's atleast 3 i know for sure

wicked_mag
02-05-2002, 04:31 PM
for mags your prolly gonna want either a smartparts, dye, lapco or custom products barrel, its what u prefer. I heard that too with barrels more than 12in. 12 inches or 14 is usually a good barrel to buy, but i like dye ss 10in i have a older one and i luv it

hitech
02-05-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by jmcj5
Well, I found a MiniMag for $299.99. It's $20.00 more than the Automag w/PF, so I guess I'll go with the Mini since it comes with a barrel. Doesn't the valve on the mini have 3 stars compared to the Auto w/PF with 1 star?

That's a good deal. The stock mini barrel is fine, it's just LOUD. The mini mag has four stars. You're getting more than $20 worth of "extras" with the mini mag.

Linkin
02-05-2002, 05:25 PM
The Minimags come with 4 stars on their valves, which means four free valve overhauls if Im not mistaken. The regular mag only has one 1 star. And the stock barrel on the mini should be fine. And if you want loud, one of the guys I play with has a 1 inch barrel on his regular mag. That thing will deafen you.