PDA

View Full Version : mag pump clearnace issue

crawler24
01-21-2010, 02:25 AM
well now that i have my ULE body for my mag pump, it looks like the fron of the body does not clear the pump handle. the pump will not move with the ULE body on. has anyone sanded the pump handle? it looks like there is not much clearance needed, but not much material also. i am thinking of haveing the underside of the body milled to allow it to work. has anyone else had this issue?

rseb4agze
01-21-2010, 04:50 AM
What kind of pump kit do you have agd style or rainmain.. IF anything you might have to get the rail millied in deeper not the body to allow the pump rod to flow in and out.. You have any picks??

crawler24
01-21-2010, 06:48 AM
its a AGD factory one. no pic. the arm is fine, its the pump handle rubbing the longer ULE bodies front. it looks like if the underised of the body in that spot was thinned it would be fine. but the extra length(oppsed to stock) is the issue.

BigEvil
01-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Put a washer between the the rail and the pump arm. That should give you the extra clearance.

Ando
01-21-2010, 08:56 AM
What BE said. If you’re getting too much side to side handle slop with the washer, you can sandwich an oring between the rail and handle. Find the right oring (thickness) and use it as a shim. That’ll keep everything snug and keep the pump handle from moving side to side.

fishmishin
01-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Put a washer between the the rail and the pump arm. That should give you the extra clearance.

Just curious, would the washer put the pump arm in a bind at the rail?

BigEvil
01-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Probably not. You mighty have to slightly adjust the pump rod though.. depending on how far you need to bring the whole thing down to clear the body.

Smoothice
01-21-2010, 12:36 PM
I say sand down the pump handle.

The whole thing is delrin! There is plenty of material.

I had to do the same thing with my minimag body.

crawler24
01-21-2010, 04:53 PM
the oring sounds like a plan. there is not alot of material on the handle. every but where it would have to be sanded has alot, but the top back where the arm is, is very thin. probally could shave some, but i would rather not. thanks for the info

Ando
01-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I did the Oring thing for a little while. I have 2 Cerberus pumps, purchased them from Jay himself. He later hooked me up with different arms so it would clear the minimag body.