PDA

View Full Version : Warp running off of Emag battery

Stayhuge
01-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi everyone,

I know that there are threads about this, and I tried to look through, but most of the pics are dead. I also found this link: Warp Mod (http://www.robagd.com/revy-hack/)

What I am looking to do is tap off the xmag battery to run my warp and a revy. It seems like this should not be too complicated. But the site that I linked above, is a little confusing, because it seems like he is only able to run one or the other off the battery. I am not sure how he links the two. If there is anyone that even has pics of the complete circuit, I can probably figure it out from there. Also, I figured I could get all of the parts from Radio shack, but if anyone has a complete set up, or offers all of the parts together, lmk.

Lastly, I have the hookup for the warp to connect to the xmag board, but is there a way to splice that to give a signal to the revy too?

This is getting pretty complicated and with all the wires, I might just run everything on 9 volts instead, but figured I could at least check out what is possible. Thanks everyone. :cheers:

Ratt
01-22-2010, 02:37 PM
I just went to that site, and I was able to see all the pics. Anyway, I did manage to get my warp to run off of my Emag battery. If you haven't figured it out by tomorrow, I will post some detailed pics of my set up. As far as getting your revy to run off the battery, I never did it b/c I just felt that would be too many wires running around, and I didn't want to drill a hole in any of my Halo's. But my first intuition is to run a separate hot wire from the battery and ground wire to the board ground, solder them to another 12v regulator, then run it to your revy. OR, you can tap the hot and ground wires (right before they get to the 12v reg in your warp), and then run those to your revy.

vf-xx
01-22-2010, 03:08 PM
I think I know where my old harness is. If I can find it, I'll mail it to you for shipping.

Stayhuge
01-22-2010, 03:27 PM
I think I know where my old harness is. If I can find it, I'll mail it to you for shipping.

That would be awesome!!!
Thank you :cheers:

Stayhuge
01-22-2010, 03:29 PM
I just went to that site, and I was able to see all the pics. Anyway, I did manage to get my warp to run off of my Emag battery. If you haven't figured it out by tomorrow, I will post some detailed pics of my set up. As far as getting your revy to run off the battery, I never did it b/c I just felt that would be too many wires running around, and I didn't want to drill a hole in any of my Halo's. But my first intuition is to run a separate hot wire from the battery and ground wire to the board ground, solder them to another 12v regulator, then run it to your revy. OR, you can tap the hot and ground wires (right before they get to the 12v reg in your warp), and then run those to your revy.

I was thinking about running another wire, separate for the revy, but I think it would be too crowded. I am still thinking about it. I might just run the warp off it, and use my prophecy with my bone battery. It doesn't really weigh anything.

I have a few revies, one was older shells. I was going to mod the hell out of it to make it really tight and light. Not sure yet though. We'll see. :cheers:

vf-xx
01-22-2010, 08:03 PM
I've found my power harness. It's configured to run both a Revvy and a warp.

Note: all I have is the wires with 9v snaps and leads for the emag. I do NOT have the 12v regulator assembly for the warp side of things.

as an aside, I'm getting ready to test a 12v lithium battery that's the size of a 9v, with about twice the amperage, and obviously a higher output. No regulator required.

Oh, I also have old school revvy shells cut for warp hose that I'm not using anymore.

Tunaman
01-22-2010, 08:17 PM
I have found that running the warp off of the emag board either as 9v or dual 9volt is all you need. The warp will feed anything your revvy can feed it with, so no need to make the revvy spin with every shot. All you need is the emag to warp interface cable.

DoubleDutch
01-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Here is my setup that powers both the warp and revvy. I have single power cables coming out of the grip, and then split the wires near the revvy. Note that I have the full 18v (or whatever the E-mag battery yields) running into the revvy, and the power going to the warp has a regulator on it to get it down to 12V, as indicated by RobAGD's instructions. I used wire wrap that I found at the Home Depot, makes things a lot neater.

One thing I was unable to do was to was to use the e-mag to warp cable. When I plugged everything in, and pulled the battery pin, my e-mag would not come on. If I unplugged the warp cable (the signal one, not the power), it came on fine. Anyone know what the deal is there? I didn't mess with it after that, as I didn't want to risk frying my board. So, I have the PTP vibration plate triggering the warp itself, with the revvy using its eyes, and that seems to work fine. Saves some weight.

http://home.comcast.net/~yuk/popo/warp_power1.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~yuk/popo/warp_power2.JPG

vf-xx
01-22-2010, 08:45 PM
^^^ is the power harness I have. Almost identical set up.