PDA

View Full Version : double reg a mag

mag
02-05-2002, 03:40 PM
an ancient warrior once told me that u can not double reg a mag (after i already bought a gen-x phase 2 reg and was wonderin why it dosent work) because it already has a built in reg in the valve is this true?

agd:Because Quality Always Shoots Straight

hitech
02-05-2002, 05:01 PM
Not exactly. Double regulation is the best way to go. Pressure regulators output pressure varies opposite of the input variance. Input goes up, output goes down. Two regulators in series tend to correct for each other. That said, the automag has a build in regulator and a HPA tank also has a build in regulator. Adding a third could actually make things worse.

CRiZO
02-05-2002, 05:16 PM
If that was kinda unclear, what he meant, is you don't need and shouldn't have another reg than the one in the valve, and the one on the tank, another one is a lot (too many)

mag
02-05-2002, 06:09 PM
what if i put a palmer stabilizer would that be good andwhat wold it do for me?

magboy02
02-05-2002, 09:53 PM
adding any kinda reg or stabalizer like that wouldnt help it much and would just cause shootdown at high rated of fire since they dont for lack of a better work refresh the air supply as fast as the mags reg or so i think that is what would happen
just my thoughs
Jason

hitech
02-05-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by mag
what if i put a palmer stabilizer would that be good andwhat wold it do for me?

If you are using CO2, it will work wonders. If not, it will at best do nothing. What you want it two regulators, no more. The automag has a built in regulator. You only need one more at the air supply.