PDA

View Full Version : Retro Level 10 Issue

Advanced
01-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Upon installing a new retro valve with level 10, Upon airing up the gun this is what happens:

The trigger pin seems to not want to move forward all the way, the on/off pin stays down all the way and the grip has to be removed to push it in(in order to get the valve out).

The on/off is fine, I'm just wondering what I need to do to allow it to seal all the way correctly, no leaks.

Ando
01-25-2010, 09:55 AM
the on/off pin stays down all the way and the grip has to be removed to push it in(in order to get the valve out)

That happens sometimes. All you should need to do is pull the trigger to reset the pin and the valve will just pop out.

The trigger pin seems to not want to move forward all the way
Not sure what you mean by this but are you talking about the sear arm? If so your gap might be too big. You want a gap about the thickness of a credit card between the sear arm and your trigger. Try adj it and get back with us if that is what your talking about.

Make sure you have your bushing in your rail as well.

EDIT:
Is it leaking any?

Advanced
01-25-2010, 10:26 AM
That happens sometimes. All you should need to do is pull the trigger to reset the pin and the valve will just pop out.

Not sure what you mean by this but are you talking about the sear arm? If so your gap might be too big. You want a gap about the thickness of a credit card between the sear arm and your trigger. Try adj it and get back with us if that is what your talking about.

Make sure you have your bushing in your rail as well.

EDIT:
Is it leaking any?

Hi,

The trigger pin is not going forward, I tried using a screwdriver to push it and see if it would activate the on/off, nothing happened.

I aired it up again, there is a very slight leak coming somewhere from the front end. Not sure how this all works, level 7 power tubes seemed a whole lot less complex.

What should I try?

Ando
01-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Not sure how this all works, level 7 power tubes seemed a whole lot less complex.

What should I try?

If you just installed the lvl 10 you'll have to adj the velocity a turn or so.

Advanced
01-25-2010, 11:12 AM
If you just installed the lvl 10 you'll have to adj the velocity a turn or so.

This was taken off a working mag, just on mine it's funky.

I'm at work now, when I get home I'm going to break it down to a level 7 Retro, then rebuild it up to level 10.

We'll start from the ground up.

Ando
01-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Doesn't mater it was pulled off a working or non-working mag. each valve needs to be tweaked to the lvl 10. Looks like all your needing to do is up the velocity and maybe adj your sear arm a little if you have to big of a gap. I would try adj your velocity first. If you have a light leak down the barrel go down a size on your carrier but that leak could also be due to the velocity being to low.

Again. Up the velocity and see what you get before doing any other changes.

Advanced
01-25-2010, 06:17 PM
I adjusted velocity up, nothing happened.

I took the grip panels off, and pushed the trigger pin/sear back, the gun did not fire, though there was a lot of resistance. There is a VERY small leak from down the barrel, any idea?

Advanced
01-25-2010, 08:07 PM
I went ahead and put a level 7 kit on it, it did the same thing.

At least now we know it's some kind of valve issue.

The pin DOES go forward, however, when I force it back, the gun still won't shoot. It is going forward again after doing so, I'm not sure what it is.

XM15
01-25-2010, 09:47 PM
I would check the on/off assembly and make sure the o-rings are seated correctly.I had the same problem once and one of the o-rings was kinked in there jamming up the on/off pin.

Advanced
01-25-2010, 10:29 PM
We have a winner.

I replaced the entire on/off assembly with the one from my classic RT and whala, works perfectly.

I think that's going to be it for now, thank you all for your help.

Advanced
01-26-2010, 08:51 AM
This morning before work I took a soft grinding wheel to the small tip of the on/off, the small part that sticks out below the valve.

Gave it a slight sanding and I'm in business just fine. It was just a a fraction of a millimeter too long. Now onto installing the level 10.