PDA

View Full Version : This is what we do for my 400 level technical writting class...

MoeMag
01-27-2010, 09:57 PM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/really.jpg

This isnt a joke. Its for real.
This is my last semester in Aerospace engineering... and I have to deal with this.

I think thermofluids 3 should be a phd 6 credit course next to this.

:cuss:

behemoth
01-27-2010, 10:22 PM
:tard:

MANN
01-27-2010, 10:31 PM
I have a "science elective" that I have to take this summer. They will not substitute any of my 3/400 level engineering classes for. Instead I must take geography 101 or 102.

I don't understand engineering curriculums.

SCpoloRicker
01-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Our education system is completely messed up. We send far, far too many people to college. We should be redistributing resources towards tech/vocation schools.

Stupid 'precious little snowflake' culture.

/disclosure: 4 year private university, albeit on scholarship

Big'n slo
01-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Our education system is completely messed up. We send far, far too many people to college. We should be redistributing resources towards tech/vocation schools.

Agreed,
I have to teach new hire, engineering grads how to use a scale. :tard:

Ask them to generate quantities from paper plans and their heads esplode..

behemoth
01-28-2010, 03:51 PM
I DIDNT GO TO COLLEGE, I WAS TOO BUSY <s>LEARNIN</s> collecting unemployment....

Lohman446
01-28-2010, 04:17 PM

But.... but... I need a four year degree to work at McDonalds, stay at home and raise children, be a mechanic (I have great respect for mechanics), etc.... Because, you know, knowing 1st century history will be vital or something.

MANN
01-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Agreed,
I have to teach new hire, engineering grads how to use a scale. :tard:

The problem is that they dont teach common sense in school.

classicmagplayer
01-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Question 12: Please use an acronym in a sentence.

This "test" is the perfect example of why I believe the current college system is FUBAR.

MoeMag
01-28-2010, 10:27 PM
This "test" is the perfect example of why I believe the current college system is FUBAR.

:cheers:

leloup
01-29-2010, 03:08 PM
The problem is that they dont teach common sense in school.
I disagree. As a teacher, much of my curriculum is common sense. Some people just can't learn it (that whole lead a horse to water thing). They don't think things apply to them.

sjrtk
01-30-2010, 04:30 PM
I disagree. As a teacher, much of my curriculum is common sense. Some people just can't learn it (that whole lead a horse to water thing). They don't think things apply to them.

See your teaching common sense, and i applaud you for it. But some teachers just wanted us to memorize the info and spit it out on command. I'm a mechanic and there are those in my field that just throw parts till it's fixed, then there are those who diagnose and fix it right the first time. You teach like i fix cars the right way. :cheers:

MANN
01-30-2010, 06:23 PM
As a teacher, much of my curriculum is common sense.

You are one of the few. I have engineering students that I work with that cant read a tape measure. I had a guy in my lab class last week that was off by 1' when measuring 13'.

Dark Side
01-31-2010, 02:10 AM
You are one of the few. I have engineering students that I work with that cant read a tape measure. I had a guy in my lab class last week that was off by 1' when measuring 13'.

Less us know what company hires him. I don't want to be within 50 miles of whatever he "designs".

WenULiVeUdiE
02-01-2010, 06:29 PM
My technical writing course consisted of writing several engineering proposals, all of which are over 15 pages long.

Sounds like you're getting hoodwinked...