PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a new tac one

Almon
01-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to AO and paintball. I am interested in purchasing a new Tac One. However, I wanted to learn about things that I will have to perform on a new Tac One to make it fully functional. Stuff like tuning. When I purchase a new Tac One will there be additional lvl 10 bolt tuning that I will have to perform to get it just right? I'm curious about that because it says factory tuned, but I don't know if that is enough. Are there other things that an experienced mag owner will do without thinking about it, but a newbie like me will have to pay close attention to? Also is it a big additional cost to setup the air through the grip? Will I have to perform this setup myself, or will I be able to ask for it when I purchase the marker? Also with this air setup I want to use Steel Braided hose. Will using Steel Braided hose scratch the body if the hose get bumped into the body? Next I would want an On/Off ASA, will I need to install this myself or can I request it to be installed at purchase time at an additional cost? Lastly comes the feedneck, I would like a low profile that can secure the hopper to my marker better than the stock feedneck. I think a thread I read mentioned some low profile feednecks increase the chances of chopping. I don't know if this depends on the hopper or not, but I plan to put a Dye Rotor on it. I don't want to sand anything down to get things to connect properly (read about this somewhere on AO or MCB). Are there any recommendations for a feedneck? The only one that I know about is the Sub-Zero one at Magsmith that Otter from MCB pointed out to me. Sorry for the loads of questions on my first post, but I just want to know so I can mentally prepare myself during the ordering process and the using of the marker process. :D Thank you in advance for any information or help you can provide.

going_home
01-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Just email Tunaman and he will tune it and set it up exactly how you want it.

tunaman5 at comcast dot net

;)

Tunaman
01-27-2010, 10:55 PM
If you purchase the marker from me, I will set it up any way you like. I have low profile LEVER clamping feednecks that work great. Send me an email and we get it done. thanks. tunaman5@comcast.net The markers come fully tuned so you will not have to do much except add oil for quite a while. I also free support anytime.

Beemer
01-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Welcome to AO. ^^^What he said. Tuna will custom build for you right down to the heat shrink on the Steel airline to protect the anno. ;)

The rest is so easy a caveman could do it. Just read up on some of the Threads in the Tech forum. If you still have questions just ask. AO is like RadioShack, you got questions, we got answers.

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif

Almon
01-27-2010, 11:19 PM
:D Awesome! lol Now I am more excited about purchasing the marker than I was before. Thank you everyone!

CatoRockwell
01-28-2010, 12:59 AM
I bought a Tac One directly from AGD and it worked flawlessly out of the box. So they tune the lvl 10.

Just be careful you are about to get yourself into a very expensive addiction. Mags and upgrading mags is very addicting enjoy your monster of a marker :shooting:

Tunaman
01-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Replied via email. Thanks!

Almon
01-28-2010, 08:08 AM
I bought a Tac One directly from AGD and it worked flawlessly out of the box. So they tune the lvl 10.

Just be careful you are about to get yourself into a very expensive addiction. Mags and upgrading mags is very addicting enjoy your monster of a marker :shooting:

Thanks for the heads up CatoRockwell. I've been reading various threads on here and MCB about Airgun Designs and Automags for a month now. Scary thing is when I first started paintball I liked the Tac One, but I got a cheap WGP Trilogy Sport Autococker instead because I wanted to make sure I enjoyed the game. Four paintball outings later I find myself constantly thinking about the Tac One and the RT ULE Custom, it was driving me crazy. :P Now here I am, asking Tunaman what he can do for me and how much lighter my wallet will become. :P I'm not addicted yet I think, but I know as time goes on it will get more and more iffy. :D I'm a nut.

Tunaman
01-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Just remember one thing. Buying an AGD product is a sound investment. These markers will last a lifetime. They also hold their value. Not many other manufacturers can say that. ;)

Almon
01-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Just remember one thing. Buying an AGD product is a sound investment. These markers will last a lifetime. They also hold their value. Not many other manufacturers can say that. ;)

Thanks Tunaman! :D