PDA

View Full Version : ipad

bornl33t
01-28-2010, 12:47 AM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_P0tP2Xo86Zg/S2EPI-XEuTI/AAAAAAAAAjM/fw-18wjpofY/s800/ipad.jpg :rolleyes:

classicmagplayer
01-28-2010, 02:11 AM
"You know its true when something exceeds your ability to understand how it works, it sort of becomes magical, and that is exactly what the iPad is"

Opening of the iPad video on Apple's site.

iOverhyped

CatoRockwell
01-28-2010, 03:31 AM
I don't know what the point of this thing is honestly.

bob87
01-28-2010, 07:51 AM
Next they will come out with the ipad touch...

SCpoloRicker
01-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Stupid LIE-burals!!

Sent from my iPad

Will Wood
01-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Next they will come out with the ipad touch...
:tard: You fail at trying to be funny.

Big'n slo
01-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Ipeed!

/lolzr

gremlin75
01-28-2010, 02:55 PM
You know, I'm an apple fan boy and even I must say I am incredibly unimpressed!!

It's a big iPod touch.......The use of the iPhone OS instead of OS X is just, well stupid in my opinion :cuss:

later
gremlin

beam
01-29-2010, 11:34 AM
But wrap it in bacon...and well...

leloup
01-29-2010, 03:05 PM
But wrap it in bacon...and well...
In that case, I'll take two.

classicmagplayer
01-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Apple will be charging $75 for the bacon wrap accessory case

Spazmok
01-29-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm wondering why most of the apple bandwagon jumpers are impressed by this "innovative technology", it is as if they weren't aware that there have been tablet PC's around for years.

Will Wood
01-29-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't think anyone is impressed by it ..

But it's all about label. Apple products never do something new, they just make it shiny.

LK-13
01-29-2010, 06:03 PM
I like it from a draftman's point of view;
drawing with a pencil or stylus is much faster and more intuitive than just
working in 3d visualized space.
for drafting, design, graphic arts, and computer generated graphics in general this is
a good idea that like everything apple will have better second and third generations.

Graphics, design, and all things artsy are Apples niche.
I see this as Apple's step toward further unifying their product line
and enhancing the the graphics professionals rate of production.

think about a few generations down the line,
the iPod, iMac, iTV and iPhone could ALL be replaced with this
SINGLE Product/device.

I like it, but will wait for a 17"version.

teufelhunden
01-29-2010, 07:10 PM
I like it from a draftman's point of view;
drawing with a pencil or stylus is much faster and more intuitive than just
working in 3d visualized space.
for drafting, design, graphic arts, and computer generated graphics in general this is
a good idea that like everything apple will have better second and third generations.

Graphics, design, and all things artsy are Apples niche.
I see this as Apple's step toward further unifying their product line
and enhancing the the graphics professionals rate of production.

think about a few generations down the line,
the iPod, iMac, iTV and iPhone could ALL be replaced with this
SINGLE Product/device.

I like it, but will wait for a 17"version.

Get one of the existing PC tablets that actually run a real OS.... or, just get a touchscreen monitor for your existing PC. Multitouch LCDs are apparently quite reasonable of late.

Archangel Kid
01-30-2010, 02:10 PM
I can only imagine all the confusion in Boston over this.

bornl33t
01-30-2010, 02:52 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_P0tP2Xo86Zg/S2SPiUxhAnI/AAAAAAAAAjY/vm9JY-sfq90/s800/1264636049995.jpg

LK-13
01-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Get one of the existing PC tablets that actually run a real OS.... or, just get a touchscreen monitor for your existing PC. Multitouch LCDs are apparently quite reasonable of late.
I want an LED display, not LCD.
I've presently got a HP NX9600 with 17.5"LCD that is doing what I need pretty well.
I like Apple, I like their products. and for what I do the Mac is just a better platform.

and for all you bashers out there,

if you have not purchased an Apple Product
the Company has no obligation to you what so ever.
They have made a product. They Promote their product.
If you like what they offer you buy; if you don't you keep your money and look else where.
If it's a bad product it will vanish rapidly enough.

clucking about how any company's product is not what you want is foolish.
If you have invested nothing, the company owes you nothing.

teufelhunden
01-31-2010, 12:58 AM

Yeah, kicker is, and "LED" display is really an LCD display. It uses LED backlighting behind an LCD screen. If you really want an LED display, you are looking for an OLED display, and the ipad doesn't have it, they are expensive, and I don't actually know if they are available in the sort of application you're lookin to use them for.

Frizzle Fry
01-31-2010, 01:04 AM

:p

bornl33t
01-31-2010, 02:49 AM
I've presently got a HP NX9600 with 17.5"LCD that is doing what I need pretty well.
I like Apple, I like their products. and for what I do the Mac is just a better platform.

If you like what they offer you buy; if you don't you keep your money and look else where.

Crap dude, why in the world would you ever defend a company like that? Are they paying you? For that matter..that nx9600 is about to become old school....and it still does more then the ipad. Admit it, you like the logo? :p

leloup
01-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah, kicker is, and "LED" display is really an LCD display. It uses LED backlighting behind an LCD screen. If you really want an LED display, you are looking for an OLED display, and the ipad doesn't have it, they are expensive, and I don't actually know if they are available in the sort of application you're lookin to use them for.

Most OLED stuff is still pretty small isn't it?

GroovYChickeN 2.o
01-31-2010, 03:57 PM
I love Apple, I also love my Mac Book Pro. However I have no real love for the Iphone (I like Android phones better) and I hate the Ipad. They had the chance to really make a innovative product. However they took the easy way out. The lack of OSX and the use of the Iphone OS kills me. All they needed to do is make a Mac Book Air with a touch screen. Also from what I understand it won't use normal tcp/ip internet protocols so you have to buy an additional data package (like the Iphone). WTF really? Why should I have to pay them an additional fee just to connect to the internet with it? Sure $500 or whatever is a really nice price, still not worth it though IMHO.

classicmagplayer
01-31-2010, 08:14 PM
All models will have Wifi or you can spend an extra $130 for a 3g enabled device. I think data pricing from AT&T is set at $15/month for 250 megs or $30/month for "unlimited". I have no doubt "unlimited" will be capped at 5 gigs.

Will Wood
01-31-2010, 08:34 PM
:rofl:

TeamBob
02-01-2010, 12:57 AM
i have no idea what any of this means. :D haha

teufelhunden
02-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Most OLED stuff is still pretty small isn't it?

I do believe... at least most consumer OLED stuff. I think someone is gonna bring some massive OLED screen to some show this year (think I saw it on engadget) but a) it's stupidly low res, b) likely not available and c) stupidly expensive if it is available

CatoRockwell
02-01-2010, 11:04 AM
I have an Iphone, and Apple seems like a good product, I just think that this is a stupid idea...
"look we have invented something new. It it is round so hauling items will be much easier. I call it the Iwheel"

"but doesn't a wheel already do that?"

"Yes, but ours is much bigger than yours & it makes apple shaped treads. So if you want to be a part of the super cool kids club you'll get the wheel with the apple on the side."

Sorry Apple fanboys, I have to give it to microsoft this year. The Natal is going to blow your freaking minds away.

vf-xx
02-01-2010, 11:58 AM
http://www.axiotron.com/index.php?id=modbook

:ninja: :ninja:

Apple is behind the times.

I've seen one of these, they're pretty slick. You'd think that Apple could keep up with someone doing aftermarket modifications.

I have not purchased any apple products, but I have used them. They're nice, but I don't think they're worth the premium that is placed on them. And with as little as I've looked into it, I like Apple's control policy even less than Microsofts.

chafnerjr
02-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Ahhh... and now, finally into an area that I can speak with some experience.

Comrads, you're all missing the point... Tablets are certainly nothing new. I've been watching that market for over a decade and next to nothing of this type has succeeded, well there's one minor exception of a certain Toshiba model which was more a laptop with a swivel screen. Almost every conceivable form factor has been attempted (the iPad is very similar to a Viewsonic model from '01). Every current OS has been run on these devices... Windows, Linux, Unix, and even Apple. From the aforementioned Modbook to the new various tegra based units I spent 4 days playing with at CES in sunny Las Vegas a few weeks back. Trust me I've seen them all. Actually, just about the only production model tablet I haven't touched is the iPad and here's why I think it's going to kill regardless.

In 2001 Apple released the seemingly overpriced and technically inferior iPod. A several hundred dollar MP3 player that could do next to nothing from the unit but play music, check a calendar or read text while the archos and various other players had everything from recording to FM radio to live playlist creation... but the iPod as we know it today lived while the others were shunned by the masses. Why? For one reason, and one reason alone: the few things that it did, it did superbly. Sync, play and nothing else. Those that wanted it all went elsewhere while 90% of everyone else bought an iPod. Oddly, those are close enough to the actual statistics.

The iPad will succeed simply because for what it does do; and how easily it does it, and that there's simply nothing else like it yet. The low cost (comparative to existing tablet technologies and those soon to be released) simply keeps the cloners out.

Let's face it, it may not be for those of us who can make a calculator run quake over wifi. It is, however, a tablet device that millions of non-tech savy users have already become accustomed to and invested in. Notice how all of your current iPhone/iPod Touch apps already work with it? Notice how it could not replace a desktop nor a phone, but a netbook?

The best part about all of this is that the race has just begun. Just wait for the myriad of other tablets bound to follow to meet everyones needs/desires... Just think, you'll want a Zune tablet too right? Just kidding... really what's everyone got a bug up their rear ends about this thing anyways?
:cheers:

P.S. @ $500 this thing isn't selling at a premium, it's the cheapest thing going at this product level.

chafnerjr
02-01-2010, 08:23 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_P0tP2Xo86Zg/S2SPiUxhAnI/AAAAAAAAAjY/vm9JY-sfq90/s800/1264636049995.jpg
Exactally... except it's actually
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/4/2010/01/lonelysandwichdisplay.jpg

...Yes I know yours was a joke, but the reality can be funny as well. This is how their pixel doubling works for the existing apps.

bornl33t
02-01-2010, 10:42 PM
I guess jobs flipped out today in a press conference using the term "bull s___" when asked about google. Later on he included Adobe in his tirade. I think he's made a few mistakes and his plane for world domination are coming unraveled and the stress is getting to him.
Either way, the ipad is much worse then an inferior device...but hey I'm willing to sit back and watch for a few months. Lets meet back here around November and see how their stocks are doing. Anyone game?

Frizzle Fry
02-01-2010, 10:51 PM
I guess jobs flipped out today in a press conference using the term "bull s___" when asked about google. Later on he included Adobe in his tirade. I think he's made a few mistakes and his plane for world domination are coming unraveled and the stress is getting to him.

Steve Jobs is to Bill Gates as ___(B)___ is to Bruce Lee.

(A) Jet Li
(B) Don "The Dragon" Wilson
(C) Chuck Norris
(D) Jackie Chan

SATs anyone?

SCpoloRicker
02-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Lets meet back here around November and see how their stocks are doing. Anyone game?

Actually, yes. I'll take the short as of market close today with a target of November 1, 2010. That's probably not the bet you were looking for. :)

/actually shorted several weeks ago
//getting a kick, etc...

chafnerjr
02-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Actually, yes. I'll take the short as of market close today with a target of November 1, 2010. That's probably not the bet you were looking for. :)

/actually shorted several weeks ago
//getting a kick, etc...

I'm in... the stock dropped the standard post announcement amount so we can go by nov 1st if you like. :cheers:

drg
02-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Steve Jobs is to Bill Gates as ___(B)___ is to Bruce Lee.

(A) Jet Li
(B) Don "The Dragon" Wilson
(C) Chuck Norris
(D) Jackie Chan

SATs anyone?

Definitely Chuck Norris.

Frizzle Fry
02-03-2010, 01:37 AM
Definitely Chuck Norris.

One word: "Futurekick"

Lohman446
02-03-2010, 09:00 AM
As someone pointed out on another forum:

$300 computer + $500 of Apple logo

chafnerjr
02-03-2010, 09:13 AM
As someone pointed out on another forum:

$300 computer + $500 of Apple logo
I don't mind you all picking on apple when it's an actually over priced product. This is just about the only one that isn't. Find something comparable for cheaper and I'll eat my words.

teufelhunden
02-03-2010, 09:28 AM
I don't mind you all picking on apple when it's an actually over priced product. This is just about the only one that isn't. Find something comparable for cheaper and I'll eat my words.

http://bit.ly/NWou

Frizzle Fry
02-03-2010, 09:28 AM

Recently I saw a spatula on a TV commercial that had a fork welded to it with a spring and a hinge. The idea is apparently that when you flip your pancakes using this magical culinary implement, they won't break or fall off. It cost a mere 2 low low payments of $9.99 plus shipping and handling, for what I can only assume totaled just under $30.

The two key problems with this amazing tool seem to be as follows:

1) How often do you make pancakes, anyway?

2) Most people have a fork and a spatula.. Why spend more for a thing that combines the two but can't effectively fill the independent role of either?

It's a rather thin analogy, so I think the point is made.

*or maybe not*

Basically the selling point of mp3 players has always been high storage in a small package. Ipods have always been very user friendly and very small. They're highly portable without use of a purse or bag, unlike CD players or larger media players by other companies that just haven't taken off. Who could carry an iPad like an iPod? It's too big for a pocket. That said, it's too small and has an I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Operating-System so it can't fill the role of a Tablet or even a similarly sized personal organizer... It's a great idea in theory, but it's just not that practical. Apple has a history of releasing such things.

Hexis
02-03-2010, 11:30 PM
I was underwhelmed with the iPad announcement.

First is the name. I'm not sure I have a good alternative, but iPad is just dumb.

Second is the bezel. I think you could use it as an emergency airstrip it's so huge.

Next is the closed nature of the apps and content. On the phone it makes a bit of sense to limit things. Why not offer more capabilities in a less critical device. You can't make a 911 call on the iPad. There is no reason to not allow unsigned apps, just warn the users.

Next is the data: The 3G is probably the best deal they could get AT&T to agree to, but in a lot of markets their network really does suck. I'm sure Apple could have gotten a chip that supports more than AT&T's 3G network and not limit the device to EDGE on other carriers. At least it's not locked to AT&Ts network.

All that said, I'm buying one. But I want a big iPod Touch XXL that can run iPhone games, er "apps". Being able to watch movies on a screen that size, without the overhead of a full laptop (on a plane) will be quite nice. Being able to run my favorite iPhone games on a bigger screen will be fun too. I'll prob end up jailbreaking the iPad. I have not done that on my iPhone for reliability reasons. I'll prob stick with the WiFi only version. I can't see paying for a data plan.

Also, chafnerjr

That's not how the pixel doubling works.

4:3, or 1.33:1 is a pretty normal aspect ratio for screens. We are switching to 16:9 for a lot of monitors, but 4:3 was normal for a lot of years. The iPhone is a kinds of strange 3:2 (or 1.5:1) aspect ratio. But on small devices off aspect ratios are pretty normal. 4:3 makes a lot of sense because it makes landscape and portrait different, but not hugely different. There is no conspiracy to the 4:3 screen. It's not even the size of two iPhones put together.

The pixel doubling is quite simple. The iPhone screen is 320 × 480 (or 480 x 320) pixels. The iPad is 1024x768. It is quite easy to fit a 960 x 480 image on a 1024 x 768 screen. They don't just double the pixels in one dimension. There is no magic to that either.

chafnerjr
02-04-2010, 07:18 AM
I was underwhelmed with the iPad announcement.

Also, chafnerjr

That's not how the pixel doubling works.

I completely agree... I was underwhelmed as well, just as I was with the iPod and iPhone. You're also totally correct about the pixel doubling... I should have know that someone was paying attention though most weren't... got lost thinking about screen ratio before I starting talking about the pixel doubling.

My point is simple... a lot of non-tech people are going to buy this thing because it's a giant (though improved) iPod touch.iPhone. As for this forum we'd hear almost the same complaints about a full mac tablet because it doesn't run windows... or vice-versa.

It's simply NOT a high end computing device like everyone here seems to want and that seems to be rubbing people the wrong way. Apple does what Apple wants to do... they've got a mass media device here...

In any event I've just budgeted for at least 4 of them because they allow me to replace a proposed $3k wall mounted touch screen proposal with $2k worth of these mobile internet pads! That's only the beginning of what my company has planned for these devices. AND they are going to save us huge amounts of $$$ for what we're going to use them for.

teufelhunden
02-04-2010, 08:30 AM

Additionally, this seems to be a much better option for those looking for an on-the-go interwebs device because at least it does something our phones don't (flash support)- https://thejoojoo.com/

Plus it has a camera :) And will run any Java app (is my understanding), so there's about a zillion apps available as one may acquire

busby
02-04-2010, 10:02 AM

http://www.engadget.com/2005/05/20/samsungs-40-inch-oled-tv-pics/

snoopay700
02-04-2010, 05:05 PM

I have to agree, why are you so staunchly defending apple? My main beef with them is that although they do have good products, you can get something equivalent for much less from another company. The 16 gb ipod, meet the 16 gb sansa fuze (which is also smaller). PCs that have the same processing power and capability are much less than apple computers. Etc etc. They overprice their products for what you get, that being said this being 500 isn't that terrible of a price, but the fact that it uses the iphone OS or whatever is.

And busyby, that's exactly what i was going to bring up regarding that whole situation.

chafnerjr
02-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Additionally, this seems to be a much better option for those looking for an on-the-go interwebs device because at least it does something our phones don't (flash support)- https://thejoojoo.com/

Plus it has a camera :) And will run any Java app (is my understanding), so there's about a zillion apps available as one may acquire

Ahh... see now someone is paying attention! It's the only other "like" product I've seen yet but it's a java based OS though so we can kiss battery life good-by. It has a bigger screen but significantly smaller hard drive (We're talking 4Gb ONLY!!! No 3G capacity though it does have a USB port (well technically the iPad could as well as an adaptor)... being a custom OS no one knows what that can really do... I'd put an easy bet against the crunch...er JooJoo

If your going to complain about the iPad the JooJoo should probably get a worse bashing. How is using java app's help it beat out the iPad... I don't know about you but being based in Objective C is a significant advantage over a Java based unit.

P.S. If we want to stick to the lack of flash on the iPad that's fine... though I would like to be the first to mention that flash is dying and there are many good competitors out there including Microsoft's Silverlight, Adobe A.I.R (Which I like much better) and now with HTML 5 adding native video support in HTML I just don't see the big deal in a year or two. Then again it did take a decade for Real Player to die now didn't it :tard:

bornl33t
02-06-2010, 02:33 AM
Flash does have an aura of suck about it...but since half the internet runs on it, it kinda is a big deal to have it.

Silverlight? Trying to defend the ipad is a lost cause. Doing it by siding with MS is pure desperation. What sales it does make can be attributed to fans and niche markets.

OneUp
02-06-2010, 02:41 AM
Definitely Chuck Norris.
if steve is anything close to chuck he wouldn't need transplants.

teufelhunden
02-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Ahh... see now someone is paying attention! It's the only other "like" product I've seen yet but it's a java based OS though so we can kiss battery life good-by. It has a bigger screen but significantly smaller hard drive (We're talking 4Gb ONLY!!! No 3G capacity though it does have a USB port (well technically the iPad could as well as an adaptor)... being a custom OS no one knows what that can really do... I'd put an easy bet against the crunch...er JooJoo

If your going to complain about the iPad the JooJoo should probably get a worse bashing. How is using java app's help it beat out the iPad... I don't know about you but being based in Objective C is a significant advantage over a Java based unit.

P.S. If we want to stick to the lack of flash on the iPad that's fine... though I would like to be the first to mention that flash is dying and there are many good competitors out there including Microsoft's Silverlight, Adobe A.I.R (Which I like much better) and now with HTML 5 adding native video support in HTML I just don't see the big deal in a year or two. Then again it did take a decade for Real Player to die now didn't it :tard:

Luckily, we have http://www.exopc.com/en/exopc-slate.php as an option. $600, 32gb + SD expansion, so that lines up with your iPad. More or less netbook specs (Atom N270 & an Intel 945 chipset), runs Win 7. No 3G, but with WiFi, USB, and Bluetooth on a real OS you could presumably run a USB modem from one of the carriers.

chafnerjr
02-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Luckily, we have http://www.exopc.com/en/exopc-slate.php as an option. $600, 32gb + SD expansion, so that lines up with your iPad. More or less netbook specs (Atom N270 & an Intel 945 chipset), runs Win 7. No 3G, but with WiFi, USB, and Bluetooth on a real OS you could presumably run a USB modem from one of the carriers.

Now that will be cool to see. That is a much more fair comparison, at least in my mind. The ExoPC certainly has a lot of things that the iPad dosen't at a similar price. I'd be willing to compare sales of these products to back my point that Apple can sell this (what everyone is calling sub par) tablet hand over foot.

Personally I want to see the new HP slate come out...

I just hope that this jogs a market that hasn't yet been able to succeed. However, until tablet manufacturers are willing to think outside of the "computer" box then it's a loosing product. The super powered tablets have been out forever and no one wants them... at least at their high cost. Perhaps that will be different if they are competing in the sub $1k market.

Archangel Kid
02-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Now that will be cool to see. That is a much more fair comparison, at least in my mind. The ExoPC certainly has a lot of things that the iPad dosen't at a similar price. I'd be willing to compare sales of these products to back my point that Apple can sell this (what everyone is calling sub par) tablet hand over foot.

Who said Apple wouldn't be able to sell this (subpar) tablet? I don't think it would be a fair comparison unless you shovel this company money for advertisement.

chafnerjr
02-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Who said Apple wouldn't be able to sell this (subpar) tablet?
It was implied in the first few posts... well rather that it was simply a stupid device that probably shouldn't exist because it sucks. In any event I was just trying to throw in why I don't think it'll suck and then it turned into stock prices and so on... my overall point being that tablets that have all the functions everyone is demanding have been around for a long long time and they've never taken off... now that Apple is out with the iPad (well almost) quite a lot of people have come out of the wood work to say well... it doesn't have a computer OS, or USB ports, or this or that as if 10 years of tablets had never been made. That's all. The conversation seems to be more along the lines of what the iPad isn't rather than what it is.

I don't think it would be a fair comparison unless you shovel this company money for advertisement.
Damn... you're killing my ability to prove a point, but it's only because your right. If we take into account advertising you can't compare that many companies eh? Perhaps the HP slate when it comes out then... oh well. :tard:

P.S. I do think that the iPad name was totally stupid though and I loved the first post of the thread!!!

bornl33t
02-09-2010, 12:54 PM
It was implied in the first few posts... well rather that it was simply a stupid device that probably shouldn't exist because it sucks. In any event I was just trying to throw in why I don't think it'll suck and then it turned into stock prices and so on... my overall point being that tablets that have all the functions everyone is demanding have been around for a long long time and they've never taken off... now that Apple is out with the iPad (well almost) quite a lot of people have come out of the wood work to say well... it doesn't have a computer OS, or USB ports, or this or that as if 10 years of tablets had never been made. That's all. The conversation seems to be more along the lines of what the iPad isn't rather than what it is.

Damn... you're killing my ability to prove a point, but it's only because your right. If we take into account advertising you can't compare that many companies eh? Perhaps the HP slate when it comes out then... oh well. :tard:

P.S. I do think that the iPad name was totally stupid though and I loved the first post of the thread!!!

Yeah, well that image nearly got me banned on another forum because it was offensive. I asked who would possibly be offended by that and the reply I got was "women". Women find female products offensive? That's like guys being offended by Viagra. :tard:

Also, from the same forum
"I don't care what it's missing I'm buying it. when version two comes out with all the fixes I'll buy it too. Ive been waiting decades for a device like this I actually own the original Newton thats how long Ive been trying to get a handheld tablet working so this is cool."

In this guys own words "I'll buy it because it has an Apple logo" that's the target audience of this thing.

Archangel Kid
02-09-2010, 06:56 PM
...In this guys own words "I'll buy it because it has an Apple logo" that's the target audience of this thing.

That's exactly what Apple does, they sell to their fanboys. I used to be a huge Apple hater but I've lightened my views on them a bit. I just don't understand this product. Why not call it an Iphone/Ipod Touch XL?/

teufelhunden
02-09-2010, 07:07 PM
That's exactly what Apple does, they sell to their fanboys. I used to be a huge Apple hater but I've lightened my views on them a bit. I just don't understand this product. Why not call it an Iphone/Ipod Touch XL?/

Cuz then it's not a new product so people won't feel compelled to buy it in droves

Lohman446
02-09-2010, 07:43 PM
For all my complaints about it. I use an I-pod and I-tunes because its simple, and simple to stay legal. If I had not put in a flat screen in my workout room already I would probably pick one of these up to watch shows on while running. It would be a bigger I-pod touch (I use the touch for this now).

chafnerjr
02-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah, well that image nearly got me banned on another forum because it was offensive.
That's why we all hang out here!

Also, from the same forum
"I don't care what it's missing I'm buying it. when version two comes out with all the fixes I'll buy it too. Ive been waiting decades for a device like this I actually own the original Newton thats how long Ive been trying to get a handheld tablet working so this is cool." In this guys own words "I'll buy it because it has an Apple logo" that's the target audience of this thing.
There certainly are those who will, but they are few... well the total Apple idiots anyways, but not enough to sustain anything but 3% market share in just about anything.