PDA

View Full Version : Cheater/Micro Rock Help

cdc120602
01-29-2010, 08:40 PM
I just aired up my Mag for the first time since installing the Micro Rock. It seems that my cheater is still getting too much pressure. Once i thread the adjustment knob on the Micro Rock enough that air starts flowing, the ram in the cheater starts leaking. If I fire once, the o-ring in the ram pops out and pinches in the cylinder and won't allow it to return to the firing position. Any suggestions?

jade_monkey07
01-29-2010, 08:45 PM
send it back to zap, he will fix things up. and if possible im sure the whole marker to him would help too

cdc120602
01-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, but I'd like to see if anyone knows what the problem is first. If I can figure that out, I can probably fix it myself. I might even have a problem with the LPR.

reckid1986
01-29-2010, 09:13 PM
im having the same problem with my micro rock not with a cheater. but its pushing to much pressure into a msv2

cdc120602
01-29-2010, 09:14 PM
I just hooked the Sledgehammer (I think) from my 'cocker up to the Mag and it's working a LOT better. Anyone smart on Palmers LPRs?

xero28
01-29-2010, 09:19 PM
How old is the rock? It may need a rebuild? Take the hose off of the rock and start to turn the pressure up. When it starts to release air, is it a little tiny bit, or a lot. Does the pressure output change as you increase it, or is it always "a lot"? That happened to me when I got my rock (used), and it turns out there was a seal that was missing. :tard: Basically as soon as I started to screw in the pressure adjuster it would open the rock all the way and let the maximum psi through, no adjusting really. Got a rebuild kit at Palmer's and everything works fine now.

cdc120602
01-29-2010, 09:20 PM
How old is the rock? It may need a rebuild? Take the hose off of the rock and start to turn the pressure up. When it starts to release air, is it a little tiny bit, or a lot. Does the pressure output change as you increase it, or is it always "a lot"? That happened to me when I got my rock (used), and it turns out there was a seal that was missing. :tard: Basically as soon as I started to screw in the pressure adjuster it would open the rock all the way and let the maximum psi through, no adjusting really. Got a rebuild kit at Palmer's and everything works fine now.

Sounds about right. Guess I'll be purchasing a rebuild kit.

As for the cheater's ram o-ring problem, a good bit of lube fixed it like new!

Thanks to all that took the time to read and post!

gremlin75
01-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Basically as soon as I started to screw in the pressure adjuster it would open the rock all the way and let the maximum psi through, no adjusting really. Got a rebuild kit at Palmer's and everything works fine now.

Same thing happed with mine. Sucks when you blow a hole in a foot and a half of lp hose and it starts smacking you in the face :cuss: I actually did a full rebuild as some of the internals were looking a bit rough.