PDA

View Full Version : Lighter trigger

runningboar
01-30-2010, 03:22 AM
I have been playing with and enjoying a 68 classic mag for the past year or so. I bought a basket case off ebay and have breathed new life into it, completely refinshed and rebuilt inside and out and it shoots like a dream. Just wondering if there is anyway to lighten up the trigger pull. I don't really want to do anything that will cause undue wear to the bolt or sear, are there any little tricks that yall know to help me out. Thanks in advance, Chris

xero28
01-30-2010, 04:30 AM
Other than heavily modifying the on/off, in a classic valve, pretty much the only thing to do is install an RT on/off. This will lighten the trigger pull by about 1/2.

runningboar
01-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Other than heavily modifying the on/off, in a classic valve, pretty much the only thing to do is install an RT on/off. This will lighten the trigger pull by about 1/2.

That's kinda what I figured, guess I will just get used to it. Chris

Spider-TW
01-30-2010, 10:42 AM
The RT on/off doesn't RT or cause any damage if that is what you're thinking. The pull is 1/2 of the pull you have with the stock on/off, so it is noticeably lighter. It makes a difference when you need a lot of flying paint. It is a drop in change as well.

reckid1986
01-30-2010, 10:47 AM
upgrade to a pneumagged intelliframe really light triger pull and the classic valve can keep up with it. and you can set it up with co2

xero28
01-30-2010, 11:15 AM
upgrade to a pneumagged intelliframe really light triger pull and the classic valve can keep up with it. and you can set it up with co2

Oh yeah, that too. ;)

Murph
01-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Is there anything one would need to know before installing an RT on/off in a classic valve?

Also, can you purchase the entire RT on/off assembly straight from AGD?

I got a classic mag with a DYE single .45 frame, it's real comfortable, but a pain to shoot on the run with the standard trigger parts.

Coralis
01-31-2010, 11:50 AM
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=399&categoryID=23

Remove the old assembly and replace with the new one , the only thing you may need is a rt parts kit for the small on/off oring and the oring inside the rt on/off assembly.

runningboar
01-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the tip, I am going to order the parts and change it out. Chris

Stayhuge
01-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Can't he also go with the ULT Trigger setup? I thought those dropped into a Classic valve. I could be wrong, as I never tried to drop one in there. That would be the lightest, 15 ounces IIRC

runningboar
01-31-2010, 09:23 PM
Can't he also go with the ULT Trigger setup? I thought those dropped into a Classic valve. I could be wrong, as I never tried to drop one in there. That would be the lightest, 15 ounces IIRC

No, I just looked and it is not compatible with the classic and the rt has to be modded to except it.

runningboar
01-31-2010, 09:30 PM
When I first got my mag I put a benchmark frame on it and didn't adjust the trigger/sear rod (really don't know what its called). My trigger was nice and light and I played several games with it before I read that there is supposed to be a gap between the rod and my trigger, after I adjusted it my trigger pull is hella hard. If I adjust it back the way it was will it cause problems? Chris

stoffa15
02-01-2010, 01:21 AM
I did the same as you with the atermarket trigger frame. Without the proper trigger rod length, your safety won't work, and short stroking increases. As for making your trigger pull lighter. Invest in a X valve. You get all the bests out of a mag without the need for modding. Lighter trigger pull if you get one with a ult. Recharge rate of 25 1/2 pbs without drop off, and don't forget about chopping paint is a thing you'll never worry about.

Anytime anyone posts something about making their mag faster, I always say to get a X valve. The reason why is because being a mag guy your always going to want to do something else. Like I said before you get the best of all worlds.... Reduced weight, faster recharge rate, lighter pull,and no more chops....

subsonic
02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
I have been playing with and enjoying a 68 classic mag for the past year or so. I bought a basket case off ebay and have breathed new life into it, completely refinshed and rebuilt inside and out and it shoots like a dream.

Sorry, I'm just getting back into playing again after about 5 years.
What's a basket case?

Hobbez
02-01-2010, 02:32 PM
What's a basket case?

Broken marker probably

Flatliner333
02-01-2010, 03:36 PM
I can put an RT or ULT on/off in my A.I.R. valve without any modification but I dont know if this is the same as the "Classic" valve.

Coralis
02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Yes you can put a ult in a classic valve or the air valve , however you will probably experience alot of short stroking and/or chuffing.

runningboar
02-01-2010, 06:31 PM
What's a basket case?

Basket case is a term I picked up in the motorcycle community and usually means a bike that is in pieces and needs to be rebuilt/restored.

The marker I bought for 30 bucks was together but leaked from every orifice and was pretty much beat to hell, the grips were glued on with what looked like silicon when I got it and the rail was scratched and beat up but all the pieces were there. I refinished and rebuilt it inside and out, it looks and shoots amazing now. The only thing besides internals I changed out was the grip frame, it was to far gone to save. Chris

EDIT: link to definition
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/dictionary/B.htm