PDA

View Full Version : NPL Announces First Event

rabidchihauhau
02-02-2010, 01:10 PM
PAINTBALL SPORTS NY (f.k.a. SURVIVAL NEW YORK)
Presents

WOODSBALL WORLD CUP – September 10, 11 & 12, 2010

WINTER CUP – March 20 & 21, 2010

Calling all scenario woodsball power teams, top level tournament teams of today, and the best tournament players of the Aughts, 90’s and 80’s.

Remember the “Golden Age” of paintball, the 80’s and early 90’s, when tournament ball was played in the woods, when both stealth and power were necessary to a team’s success? When being smart was just as important as being fast? When legendary teams like Navarone, Ironmen, Master Blasters, Terminators, the Lords of Discipline, the All Americans, Ridgerunners dominated the field? When industry leaders and legendary players like Marty Bush and Shane Pastana, “Spud” and “Cope”, Bob Long, Bill and Adam Gardner were playing?

They all played at the World Cup.

Twenty years ago the top players from all across the United States and Canada stepped onto the playing fields in New York, fields with names like Ponderosa, Top of the Ridge and Challenger, shooting guns called Carter Termites, Lapco Grey Ghosts, Line SI Bushmasters, loading ten round tubes of paint into their stick feeds and cracking 12-grams with their quick-changers

It is time to do it again.

Relive the “Glory Days” of 10 man team competition and play alongside and against the legends of paintball’s greatest competition era at our roll-out event, the Winter Cup in March, and then get ready for the big show – the Woodsball World Cup in September.

Same fields, same rules, same judges, same equipment, mechanical pumps and semis only. The Master Blasters, developers and masters of radio zone judging, will be coming back to officiate.

Let’s see if the woodsball power teams of today can stand against those of yesteryear. Let’s see if the top arena ball teams of today can be successful in this classic venue. Let’s relive the old days and experience new ones with those who made tournament paintball great.

WINTER CUP:

Entry Fee: $500 per team
Preliminary Round: 4 games, 2 halves for each game, take the field eight times
Paint: $59.99 a case of 2000
1st prize: Cash prize equal to $150 times the number of teams entered

WORLD CUP:

Entry Fee: $1500 per team
Preliminary Round: 4 games, 2 halves for each game, take the field eight times
Prizes (1st-4th): Cash prizes in total equal to $400 times the number of teams entered

Space is limited. Secure your spot by registering today.
For more information or to register, log onto PaintballSportsNY.com or call 845-691-1979

The http://www.68caliber.com and 68 CALIBER.COM are sanctioning these events.

Other leagues, tournament series and websites are welcome, as well. All sanctioning organizations will be given free promotional space.

Lohman446
02-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Team AO anyone? I'm in if we can get enough players. Perhaps stealing some from other forums as well. I posted the link to MCB - "The Forums" we could make a neat team and have a lot of fun

Rudz
02-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Sounds sweet, wish it was closer

Stayhuge
02-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Team AO anyone? I'm in if we can get enough players. Perhaps stealing some from other forums as well. I posted the link to MCB - "The Forums" we could make a neat team and have a lot of fun

I'm in the NY area, Long Island. I would be interested. :cheers:

Lohman446
02-02-2010, 02:29 PM
I am thinking trying the March event first (is cheaper and we are likely to get slaughtered by some of the more coherent teams). At this point I am going to see how many people we can get committed. I will make the drive from Michigan for this.

SCpoloRicker
02-02-2010, 03:26 PM

Team Intertubes!

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/9338/dontworryimfromtheinter.jpg

kwood
02-02-2010, 05:10 PM
if i could afford to make it to new york i would love to play on an AO team

rabidchihauhau
02-02-2010, 05:18 PM
anyone who just wants to play, we'll be gathering names for pickup teams

MANN
02-02-2010, 05:59 PM
I have never understood why paintball events don't schedule around college schedules. You would think that they eliminate a lot of their base by not doing so.

rabidchihauhau
02-02-2010, 06:01 PM
MANN,

paintball tournaments don;t schedule around ANY other schedule - they go when they want to or need to; there's only so many weekends in the year

However - tell us what dates we SHOULD schedule within and we'll see what we can do and

finally

NPL is LOCAL, LOCAL, LOCAL. Want to host an event - get in touch!

MANN
02-02-2010, 06:25 PM
MANN,

However - tell us what dates we SHOULD schedule within and we'll see what we can do and

If I were in charge of an event hosted sometime in march I would schedule it for March 8-12. This week there are at least 1.3 million students on spring break. (per http://www.tripsmarter.com/panamacity/springbreak/sbcalendar.htm ) Most likely the beginning or ending weekends to make it accessible to most working people. The end of March/April is when all professors (at least all the ones that I have had) are trying to give you the core of the class.

I know that myself and many others are looking for paintball for one of the weekends, and looking to drive 8+ hours for some snow skiing the other weekend (snowshoe Mt).

If I were going to have in toward the fall I would try to hit either fall break (~ 3rd weekend in Oct) or the 3rd week in august as most schools start the following week. I am sure google gives a similar break down as above.

Lohman446
02-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Rabid - city / hotel recommendations?

Mongoose
02-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Dates fine with me :cheers:

How many to a team?

rabidchihauhau
02-03-2010, 01:21 PM
hotel & etc. info coming soon