PDA

View Full Version : Anno questions

Carnage reigns
02-02-2010, 08:39 PM
How do you remove the steel ring out a ULE? How do you take the rubber grip of a RPG Stik Grip? What should I take off the rail before I get it anno'ed?

TwilightG
02-02-2010, 08:54 PM
body ring/clip removal (http://www.deadlywind.com/tech/ring_clip/index.html)

Don't know what to tell you about the rubber grip. Maybe a hair dryer to soften the rubber a bit and just try wiggling it off?

As for the rail? What do you have on it once all the parts are removed? If you might be referring to Emag jewels, try the hair dryer too to soften the adhesive. Aside from that, there should be no other parts on the rail and everything should come off easily.

Ando
02-02-2010, 08:59 PM
The rubber grip should just pull right off and absolutely everything should be removed from the rail. No bushings, twist lock pin (if you have it), sear, sear pin or jewels should be installed.

SSP-SheiK
02-03-2010, 10:08 AM
the bike grip is a slip on, it just pulls off like Ando said. and also make sure that the plug in the bottom of the grip is removed (only if you do not already have a macro fitting in the grip.)

RehKal
02-03-2010, 11:36 PM
A relevant question to this is. What does steel in the anno process do? Does it mess up the anno itself? Or does the anno procress do something to the steel?

I ask because the screw holes in the bottom of my Z-Grip were stripped out. I repaired these using Heli-coils and I have no idea how one would remove them without damaging the grip even more. I would like to get it re-annoed eventually.

DevilMan
02-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Yes for the lack of getting into details, regular steel in anno baths melt.

They muck up the ENTIRE bath of anno as well. So not only do they dissolve out they taint the system and the whole deal has to be purged and started fresh. I would suggest trying to remove the helicoils by hand and see what happens. I would not suggest you send the part in to get anno'd with the heli's in it still.

It's like putting a sugar cube in water. It will dissolve and you won't be able to get the sugar back out of the water without a major headache.

DM