PDA

View Full Version : LL3 strike force

Watcher
02-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Ok, I posted this idea in the LL3 team forum on TechPB, and I need some info from you guys.

Model98.Org and the Illinois Baller Club (IBC) are planning on having people at the event, and are also planning on running together. I proposed that instead of us running as individual teams, and instead of us being groups within the masses, that we could be a requestable task force.

If you are familiar with the book "Ender's game", Ender had a squad comprised of member from his 5 usual squads that when called upon, made a 6th squad of skilled soldiers. Normally they acted together as the army, but when something only the 6th squad could do each of the 5 donated who they could into the little task force.

So, I proposed that we could act as the normal army in Mike's LynchMob, but when he needed a flank, needed a hole filled, needed a squad backed up, or just needed someone organised to do something the masses couldn't, then we could assemble members of IBC, AO, and the 98 Militia into a strike team and get it done.

If you guys think this is a good idea, we can pursue it and get some organization. We need someone to act as a CO for each respective group, and we need some second in commands. We also need someone to CO the combined 3 groups.

I'd volunteer for the second in command, but I am going to be floating between these 3 forums and have no idea who I'll be with when the call goes out.

If you are interested and would like to know more details, PM me and I'll answer your call or direct you to the right person.

Otherwise, just post some comments or ideas here.

Ravenneon
02-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Ok, I posted this idea in the LL3 team forum on TechPB, and I need some info from you guys.

Model98.Org and the Illinois Baller Club (IBC) are planning on having people at the event, and are also planning on running together. I proposed that instead of us running as individual teams, and instead of us being groups within the masses, that we could be a requestable task force.

If you are familiar with the book "Ender's game", Ender had a squad comprised of member from his 5 usual squads that when called upon, made a 6th squad of skilled soldiers. Normally they acted together as the army, but when something only the 6th squad could do each of the 5 donated who they could into the little task force.

So, I proposed that we could act as the normal army in Mike's LynchMob, but when he needed a flank, needed a hole filled, needed a squad backed up, or just needed someone organised to do something the masses couldn't, then we could assemble members of IBC, AO, and the 98 Militia into a strike team and get it done.

If you guys think this is a good idea, we can pursue it and get some organization. We need someone to act as a CO for each respective group, and we need some second in commands. We also need someone to CO the combined 3 groups.

I'd volunteer for the second in command, but I am going to be floating between these 3 forums and have no idea who I'll be with when the call goes out.

If you are interested and would like to know more details, PM me and I'll answer your call or direct you to the right person.

Otherwise, just post some comments or ideas here.

Hey Watcher you know im all for joining ur task force. I think we worked well, you, GRimm and I at Training Day. Let me know when you have some more details. I like being part of specialized squads. IMO I think its easier to organize and communicate battle tactics and we are not tripping over a lot of people.

FutureMagOwner
02-05-2010, 04:19 PM
I was reading a bit in to this, I usually find myself with either no money and plenty of time to go or no time and plenty of money. But if this go well in the next week or two, I'll finally have a job that doesn't work on the weekends and with vacation time! If thats the case, I will be going and I'd love to play for techpb and group more specifically with AO'ers because I'd be going by myself so I wouldn't really have anyone to hang with. I gotta figure out a way of getting there from RI though.

cockerpunk
02-05-2010, 04:29 PM
there will be a "punkworks squad" in the techpb system that me and bryce will be leading, and other moderators/staff will be leading other crews too. everyone is more then welcome to be rolling with the most bad *** guys in paintball. i think orange and millertime are leading a pump squad, and the TechPB lynch mob lead by mike and willie is planning on hitting like a wrecking ball.

anyone is welcome, we have a whole forum dedicated to this stuff over on TechPB.

FutureMagOwner
02-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Just signed up for the punkworks squad, I'm gunna have to get paint later on when I have the money, I just hope I don't get stuck on the other team! That way I'll get to meet you in person cockerpunk!

Any AO'ers wanna carpool in the RI vicinity? I could comfortably fit one other guy in my car along with all the gear (beer) that two people can carry! I could fit 4 in my car but the people in the back seat wouldn't be able to walk for a month by the time we get to CPX! (VW Golf does not have a lot of leg room in the back!) I'm gunna post this up on techpb as well.

cockerpunk
02-05-2010, 04:59 PM
even if your on the other team there is tons of time for met and greet stuff.

bring local brews, we'll trade

FutureMagOwner
02-05-2010, 06:21 PM
I'll have to swing by the new Newport Storm Brewery before leaving to fill up some growlers, and maybe grab a keg of Narragansett!

Watcher
02-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Orange and Jaldrich's squads will be always on the move... running distance and me don't agree.

I am good for short distances, and I recover fast. That's why I was thinking it'd be good to have myself in a strike-force. Get in, do it, get out type of guys that would just play normally unless called upon.

Speaking for myself, the usual missions I run, because I can't run forever, are search and destroys, patrols, reinforcement, and recovery operations. I usually don't go on prop-runs and all that, so my skills can be somewhat limited over distance

I am also not really content to just be a part of the mob. I did that at LL2 and although I had a great time, I can't really attribute any mission points to myself. I was just a helpful roamer.

At Training Day I actually ran some misisons. It was great, but burned me out quickly.

I also know plenty of people who feel the same as me, so I figured the best of both worlds is in order. I've never really seen this type of tactic in place, it is usually just improvised or a small flank, so I thought I'd bring it up.
Think flank-squad. If the whole army is pinned down, we get called to get an angle.

If we get more guys interested in being a task-force within the mass, please let me know ASAP so I can designate leaders and start working on game plans. I need to know our size and what we are capable of so I can report to our XO and captains that we can do "X" if needed.

I also need to know who is experienced at scenarios, and knows the general idea I have for this group. I could use some COs.

GRimm
02-06-2010, 03:17 AM
You know I'm down for whatever, I will not being running as a medic again this year however. It wore me out like no other.

Watcher
02-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Forgot all about that, it'd be a good idea to have a medic at the ready.

Any takers?