PDA

View Full Version : ULT leaks and problems

Jim2752
02-03-2010, 08:33 PM
I just installed my ULT I got from tuna a year ago and I'm having some problems.
When I gas up my gun with the trigger pulled, sometimes it will fire off a shot.
It will sometimes leak when I don't touch the trigger and it will usually leak when I shoot and hold the trigger. When I hold the trigger it will leak until the leftover air in the chamber is gone. If I release the trigger a little bit (not far enough to recharge) and pull it back, the leak will change a small amount. This makes me think it is leaking from the small black o-ring.
I've replaced every o-ring in the ULT. MY gun works fine with the rt on/off.
I've cleaned and lubed everything and the pin looks straight.

Jim2752
02-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Bump.

Ando
02-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Hmm...Don't know bro. If you've replaced all your orings already then it could be a shim issue. Try removing or adding a few and see if it helps. Never had a problem with shims causing leaks before though.

SSP REAPER
02-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Most ULT's will fire a shot on gas up. Perfectly normal operation there... As far as the leak, check your small black o-ring (as you already stated it may be the cause) and replace it if you have any doubts. If you do not have any, contact Tunaman because we all know he has a million of them :D

Also check your shims as Ando stated. Start by removing one and see if it ends the leak and if not then tune your ULT as you would normally and go back into the o-rings on it.

Jim2752
02-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Its been working a lot better today but I tried rapid firing with the ULT (lots of shims) and my gun started smelling like it was burning. There was black stuff where the sear touches the bolt. Is this normal? (I know it's not good for the gun and I will stop)

Ando
02-04-2010, 08:19 PM
:confused:

Probably just that dirty looking oil residue that pops up time to time. It def shouldn't sell burnt. What type of oil are you using?

Jim2752
02-04-2010, 09:25 PM
:confused:

Probably just that dirty looking oil residue that pops up time to time. It def shouldn't sell burnt. What type of oil are you using?
There is a lot more buildup than normal.
I'm using the autolube from agd
Could this have something to do with it? http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3312256

Ando
02-04-2010, 09:45 PM
My best guess is some how, some way the grease in the back spring pack made it's way up to your bolt area (Possibly you used it to lube a packing or something). I have no clue how that would happen but that stuff smells like burnt s*** no mater how you swing it.

(Yes I know what burnt s*** smells like, I was in the Army. :D )

Other then that, look at your sear and bolt. If it looks like they're tearing each other up, you might have bigger issues and need to start replace some stuff before it gets too bad.

The built up black dirty oil is probably from you laying it on thick in the valve and that oil is blowing itself out onto your bolt and breach area. I toss a ton of oil in my valves as well and get that dirty oil build up, it's normal in my book. People who are stingy with the oil won't get it.

athomas
02-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Try taking a shim or two out of your level 10 setup.