PDA

View Full Version : Reg problem

cerrik
02-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Hey guys... I've had my PE 68/3000 nitro for about 4 years now. Bought it brand new, never had a single problem with it. Last June or July I had it rehydro'd for the first time. Went to fill it and the blasted thing was leaking from what seemed to be between the reg and tank. I have since had the seal cracked and removed the reg. No thread damage on tank or reg. No blown burst disks Everything thing is sealed. I have even opened the reg and no missing/blown orings, plenty of grease inside. The oring on the reg threads is also looking good. could this just be a case of the hydroer not screwing and sealing the reg back on well enough?

Advanced
02-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Hey guys... I've had my PE 68/3000 nitro for about 4 years now. Bought it brand new, never had a single problem with it. Last June or July I had it rehydro'd for the first time. Went to fill it and the blasted thing was leaking from what seemed to be between the reg and tank. I have since had the seal cracked and removed the reg. No thread damage on tank or reg. No blown burst disks Everything thing is sealed. I have even opened the reg and no missing/blown orings, plenty of grease inside. The oring on the reg threads is also looking good. could this just be a case of the hydroer not screwing and sealing the reg back on well enough?

since it's a PE screw-in, you can try a drop or two of blue loctite or purple MX Lock(like gum) on the threads to give it a better seal if you are positive that it's leaking from the threads and reg.

Ando
02-05-2010, 06:30 AM
Did you change the oring since you removed it? If not, it's probably got a flat spot and not sealing right. Replacing the oring will more then likely fix it.

athomas
02-05-2010, 07:13 AM
I agree with Ando, the oring probably needs to be replaced.

cerrik
02-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Alright, thanks guys. I'll replace the oring before using it again.