PDA

View Full Version : First time in too long to remember

punkncat
02-05-2010, 09:34 AM
I have all my paintball gear down to one tote, and a gearbag. I pulled apart my paintball closet yesterday, pulled all the stuff in from the garage, and went through it all. I threw away two huge trash bags of old crap,,,,Jacko Pack anyone? lol, how about a set of non thermal Scott Badass lenses......a whole bag of old jersies, shirts, gloves, old pants, towels....it was rediculous the kind of things I was holding on to. I have barrel condoms for companies that have been out of business for the past 5-6 years, lol, just crazy.

This is the first time since right after starting that I actually only own two markers, and can actually get a grasp of what I have left invested in the sport. I can honestly say that I don't have a couple of thousand dollars just sitting in the closet unused anymore. Once I sell off a few select items, and find a donor for the six Scott masks I have left, I will be down to an honestly reasonable amount of gear for one player, and under 1K still invested.

After my Hurricane valve sells, I will only have a twistlock barrel that no one would buy, and my AO shirts to remind me of all that was Mag.......

Frizzle Fry
02-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Dump the trash bags in a big heap, take a picture. Put it on eBay. Set the shipping to $50 and start the bidding at $1.

Even if you just break even, there are people out there who want your barrel condoms from companies that are out of business. They want your crappy old jerseys, your dirty old pod packs, non-thermal masks, nastified gloves, beat up pants and well-used monogrammed towels and clothes. The point is someone will appreciate it and stuff does tend to disappear... Think how many people threw away Splatmasters?

CatoRockwell
02-05-2010, 11:12 AM
hey I can always use those scott masks for loaners :D I already have 4 why not make it 10?

punkncat
02-05-2010, 12:06 PM
I will keep you in mind Cato, thanks.

DevilMan
02-05-2010, 12:22 PM
One mans trash is another mans....

Still haven't PM'd ya...

Will do that shortly.

DM

leloup
02-05-2010, 12:40 PM
I might buy your barrel, what kind is it?

Walking Stick
02-05-2010, 09:29 PM
The Scott BadAss was my first paintball mask and I still have it. I don't use it because the lense is too horribly scratched up. So I would actually be one of those people to offload some of your trash.

Were any of those barrel condoms neon in color and by Warrior Sports Gear? That company was the originator of the barrel condom and I lost the one I had a long time ago.

Old jerseys. Have you seen what people try to sell on PBN!? If they're still decent, or rare like Paintball Junkies or Wicked Mpulse, you'd probably find takers.