PDA

View Full Version : Will boosting my tanks output effect my other markers?

FutureMagOwner
02-08-2010, 05:24 PM
So, I received a shim kit from Ninja pro bono (if you need another reason to get a Ninja reg, the fact that they are awesome is a pretty good one) to boost the output pressure on my tank for my RT, and I was thinking of doing that tonight as well as my super duper warpfeed/revvy wiring project (going to sync the feeding of the two as well 12 volt mod the warp through the revvy, which will eventually use an airsoft battery to power both, two 9volts will have to do for now)

However at this point in time, I only have one tank, so I am wondering if boosting the output to around ~950-1100 psi is going create an issue with either my phantom or ego 06? I know the ego has two regulators, I just want to make sure, and the phantom is coming in the mail tomorrow and I haven't had a chance to in to them a whole lot so I don't know if I would need to swap out any springs or something of that sort, but if that is the case I'd just pick up one of those 13/3000 tanks.

kcombs9
02-08-2010, 05:27 PM
I would think the phantom would handle it

going_home
02-08-2010, 05:30 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Angels are the only markers that require a low pressure output reg on the tank.

:cool:

FutureMagOwner
02-08-2010, 05:34 PM
That is what I was thinking but I just want to make sure I'm not going above what the reg is rated for on the ego, and if I'll be fine with just lowering the velocity adjuster on the phantom. I'd rather ask a stupid question than to make a VERY stupid mistake :)

maniacmechanic
02-08-2010, 05:58 PM
you should know by now ; there are no stupid questions

OneUp
02-08-2010, 06:44 PM
wouldn't you also have to readjust the regs/ rechrono on your ego? but that would be easy enough.

Fred
02-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I'd imagine the Phantom would be ok, provided you are using braided stainless lines.

I wouldn't risk running microline (the factory hardline to a vertical air adapter would probably be ok... but the fittings might disagree).