PDA

View Full Version : Smartparts- Whats up?

Drix
02-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Anyone heard whats up with smartparts? I would have assumed they'd have let out a news release saying they'll fix your guns again.

maniacmechanic
02-08-2010, 07:41 PM
They have resumed shipping to my local PB store , guns & soft goods

CatoRockwell
02-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Damn they aren't dead yet?

going_home
02-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Damn they aren't dead yet?

I think it may be more like they havent run out of stock yet.

:ninja:

ElPanda
02-08-2010, 09:04 PM
for all intents and purposes they are dead

allegedly from what I have gathered through reading on several paintball forums over the past 2 months...

smart parts UK has officially been purchased by two European paintball companies who will assume all their stock and marketing in Europe

smart parts at home is pretty much gone, shipping out remaining stock to clear the space

the all americans are finished

and on GI milsims website the gardner brothers have removed their biographies, indicating to me at least that they are finished with paintball (hopefully) since I believe GI milsim was their dying breath in the sport

I also heard (loosest piece of information) that DLX and Dye have worked something out so that DLX can continue as a company. IE Dye has either purchased DLX or they are allowing them to operate using Dye's resources or factory. Again loose info dont know if its true or not just something thats come down the grapevine.

Drix
02-08-2010, 10:31 PM
I also heard (loosest piece of information) that DLX and Dye have worked something out so that DLX can continue as a company. IE Dye has either purchased DLX or they are allowing them to operate using Dye's resources or factory. Again loose info dont know if its true or not just something thats come down the grapevine.

I've heard from a relable source that Luxe's are currently being produced in a dye factory in california. :dance:

chafnerjr
02-09-2010, 08:58 AM
for all intents and purposes they are dead
:eek: :eek: :eek:

So... what happens to their lawyers? I mean... could dave, um... you know. Get back to making new markers?

fierymartel
02-09-2010, 09:25 AM
So, Smart Parts (the company that threatened lawsuits against so many manufacturers causing them to close their doors) has fallen victim to DYE. LOL. Too funny. I mean, many of those smaller companies had nice markers. I hate to see any company go down, but.... So, was it DYE suing Smart Parts or was it a counter suit?

punkncat
02-09-2010, 10:39 AM
I have no proof of this aside from a gut feeling, but I see this whole thing as a "wool pulling" trick.

SP has garnered a lot of negative press as of late. The Gardners ARE (2/3) GI Milsim, they can take their name off the page in some hope that the negativity surrounding them, and SP will not follow, that people won't make the connection. But IMO you can bet your *** that they are there, a part of it still.....it is Gardner/Italia Milsim after all....

I personally think that SP will "go away" but that GIM will suddenly have the license rights to produce the popular .68 markers that SP "used" to make, as well as all the licensing.

Fred
02-09-2010, 11:27 AM
As much as I'm glad to see the Gardner's faceplant...

... What's the bank that holds the IP/Patents going to do with them?

Hook
02-09-2010, 11:40 AM
I personally think that SP will "go away" but that GIM will suddenly have the license rights to produce the popular .68 markers that SP "used" to make, as well as all the licensing.
Well just take a look at the latest Action Pursuit issue and notice a dozen of GI Milsim ads promoting the so-called "50 caliber revolution" :rolleyes:

I,ve seen redesigned SP-1 and Luxes with .50 cal barrels.

I hope field owners and proshops boycott the 50 caliber movement. SP/GIM can drop dread for all I care.

chafnerjr
02-09-2010, 01:27 PM
I hope we avoid the whole .50 cal thing as well... checking APG's website reminds me why I stopped reading it a decade ago.

smeek
02-10-2010, 06:34 AM
I thought the Gardner's bios were pulled down after the uproar on the forums after they tried to rewrite history with said biographies, which happened before the SP closing announcement. I remember them claiming responsibility for a lot of things they weren't responsible for in those bios and they were getting called out on it, so they pulled them from the site.

chafnerjr
02-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Damn... now even my anti-SP patches are going to be dated... :rolleyes:

SSP REAPER
02-10-2010, 01:38 PM
nostaligia !!! :headbang:

Hook
02-10-2010, 02:39 PM

And I never got mine for June '09 MOTM :rolleyes:

sjrtk
02-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Remember, "Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana.
So no not dated but a reminder.

CatoRockwell
02-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Remember, "Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana.

your forgettig the second part to that: "those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it; and those who remember the past are doomed to watch it repeated." :D

snoopay700
02-10-2010, 11:36 PM
your forgettig the second part to that: "those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it; and those who remember the past are doomed to watch it repeated." :D
That's because so many forget the past.

I still have my anti-sp patches, and i'll still wear them. In all my communications with them after finding out about what they had done (very rarely was the topic about that) has made me just not like a lot of the company. I know people hey have been good to, though, but i've also never bought from them.

going_home
02-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Never had a Smart Parts marker I liked before.
I actually like the SP1 marker.
Great little marker.
Easy to maintain, fun to play with.

;)

chafnerjr
02-12-2010, 09:22 AM

Fair enough... now it will be a memorial patch, of sorts! Something to highlight the death of that which helped stall my favorite marker maker. :rolleyes: