PDA

View Full Version : a mag issue

stickyrice
02-09-2010, 07:51 AM
Hi all, I just got a mag thats not working to try and fix it. if I fix it I can have it, so I need a little help. I shot it before it stopped working and it was such an awsome marker to play with!

Its a mag thats been hyper framed, got a level 10, x-valve and so forth.

From the research I have done on this site i think it could be the on/off pin. I have checked and cleaned the solenoid because thats what i first thought it was. The solenoid activates when i pull the trigger but doesnt always come back, or if it does it wont shoot any faster than 1 or 2 balls a sec. So from reading on here the troubles other people have had i thought that it might be the on/off pin is too short.

Any help to verify this would be so helpfull. and also if it is the on/off pin, im from Australia and im not sure of anywhere i can get them from.

Thanks heaps!!

athomas
02-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Does it have ULT on-off assembly? To function properly, hyperframes need the ULT. You can get some functionality from the retro on-off assembly, but it can be unreliable.

Bolt stick can cause your problem. Have you checked the level 10 bolt and carrier combination?

stickyrice
02-10-2010, 03:51 AM
i had another play with it agian today and after shooting 100 or so paintballs, only managing one or two a second, the gun started to not fire. and air would leak from it but im not sure where. could this be the level 10 sticking? il have to check it out, pull it all apart and have a good look at it. yes i do have the ult on/off. im still confused as to wats happening, but il definitely check out the level 10 on it.

Thanks!

athomas
02-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Do you have a non electronic grip frame to trouble shoot the marker with? That would be the best way to do it.

You can check your level 10 operation. Take your valve out. Place it vertically with the bolt facing up. Pull the bolt about 1/2" towards the tip of the valve and release it. It should fall towards the valve. If not, a slight tap should get it to slide. If it hangs up, then your carrier is too tight. When tuning the level 10, remove all powertube shims. Use the largest carrier that does not leak. Always use the same white carrier oring in the carriers as you change them. Its this oring that you are adjusting.

stickyrice
02-11-2010, 03:39 AM
I did the bolt/carrier test, and like you said, it wouldn't fall. I did notice too that the carrier o-ring has probably seen better days. It's hard and not good, definitely needs changing. So if I get new o-rings for the whole thing do you think that it might solve the problem?

athomas
02-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Mags depend on good orings. They almost always work because there aren't many metal to metal wear points. I think if you change the orings and tun your level 10, your mag will work great. They always do.

stickyrice
02-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Sweet! Thanks very much for your help. Il let you know how it goes when i can get an O-ring kit for it.
Cheers mate