PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining parts for my first mag build

Jeet
02-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi,

I m attempting to build my first mag but I m lacking the full knowledge of all the parts required to fully assemble one. I was wondering if you guys can point me to someone who can guide/distribute mag parts or if there is a thread around that has a list of parts for a full assembly. I currently have only the body, rail, frame and trigger. Things I know I will need are rail bushing, sear, sear pin, feedneck, a tune x-valve and so forth.

Thank you for any response and your time!

Cheers, Jon

CatoRockwell
02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Contact tunaman, he'll hook you up

Jeet
02-09-2010, 02:10 PM
thanks, i m going to look into him

Dend78
02-09-2010, 02:24 PM
valve assembly, rail, body, frame, barrel just add air and paint :D

valves can be had used for say 200 or less unless you are looking for special color x-valves

AGD bodies can be had for say 150 or less

after market 130+

rails - can be all over the place in price and several styles to choose from, depending which rail you get will tell you what sear and sear pin you need

frames - several to choose from new ones being made as we speak 230 and below unless you get really fancy and go emag or something of that nature then you are looking at 300+

barrel - twist lock or cocker threads depends on the body or the adapter you have, all ULE bodies are cocker threads

I would say just go for an x-valve, then work your way up from there with the bodies, frames and rails. classic valves are nice but once you get one and you get used to it you will want to try an x-vavle so save up and start there then build around it

:cheers:

Jeet
02-09-2010, 02:28 PM
thanks for the suggestion. Definitely planning on getting an X-valve. Aside from the parts you mention aren't there quite a few small parts like the sear, rail busing, and others? That's from my understanding when I was looking through the diagrams

Dend78
02-09-2010, 02:38 PM
thanks for the suggestion. Definitely planning on getting an X-valve. Aside from the parts you mention aren't there quite a few small parts like the sear, rail busing, and others? That's from my understanding when I was looking through the diagrams

yup there is a rail bushing, a sear and a sear pin...sear and sear pin differ from rail to rail, automag/minimag rails use the automag/minimag sear, which just drops into place from the top of the rail.

rt style rails use an rt style sear and sear pin which the pin is pushed through from one side into the sear and is threaded on one end so push it in screw it down

bushings are nothing super special 2 types though 1 is for a classic valve the other is for use with an x-valve. it slips my mind right now but one is brass or copper and the other is steel i do believe the thicker one is for use with an x-valve.

other than that there arent any real small parts unless you start going through the vavle and on/off assembly. but you really wont have to do that unless you have to retune a lvl x bolt or mess with the on/off be it a ULT or something

kwood
02-09-2010, 02:39 PM
yeah you will realize how simple it really is
this should be a lot of fun for you
but dont forget to post up pictures of your new toy when you are done

Jeet
02-09-2010, 02:46 PM
for sure! thank you for all the help so far. The construction of a mag does sound simpler then I thought it would be. I will keep my mag posted once the part's start kicking in =)

Ando
02-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Start here.

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5895

Look at the pics, figure out what you want, if your not sure what the part is make sure you link the pic and we'll let you know. I would start from the last page and work your way forward. Most of the pics in the older pages aren't working anymore.

mpsd
02-09-2010, 06:09 PM
The parts list should include:

- Valve
- Rail
- Body
- Barrel
- Trigger Frame
- Trigger
- Trigger pin
- Safety
- Feedneck (if you go with some sort of ULE body)
- Ball Detent(s) (if you go with some sort of ULE body)
- Rail Bushing
- Thumb Screw
- Front Trigger Frame screw
- Sear with pin or bolt (depending on the type you are getting)
- Twist-lock pin for the barrel (in case you go with a classic body and twist lock barrel)
- Front ASA or front grip
- Front ASA or front grip screw(s)
- ASA and rail (if you want to mount the tank beneath the trigger frame)
- Air Fittings
- Macroline or braided hose

:cheers:

Jeet
02-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Ando: thanks! that is a great idea. Gonna go through them to get a better idea

MPSD: That was exactly what I was looking for :clap: that's a great list. You rock :headbang:

Time to start searching for the parts. Thank you once again! You guys response fast and are a great help. I will update once I get my parts