PDA

View Full Version : Is there room for an Lpr in an Intelliframe?

Loneassassin
02-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Just like the title says. Namely a Tickler lpr, because that's what I have. Eventually I'll probably upgrade to an AKA SCMIII or Micro Rock.

Also, what are the advantages of a ULE rail as opposed to a standard rail? I'm hopefully going to be ordering a gun from Tuna soon and I'm trying to decide exactly how I want it set up. If I could save money on the rail, for example, there would be more money for pneumag parts, etc... :shooting:

Thanks!

rawbutter
02-09-2010, 11:17 PM
It's possible. Not easy, though.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=238063&highlight=pneumag+LPR

As for the rail..... any ULE rail will be slightly lighter than a standard rail, and longer. Other than that, it's really all about how pretty you want your gun to look. :cool:

Frizzle Fry
02-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Actually a Tickler will go in much easier than one of those bullet LPRs pictured; they're very short and fairly thin by comparison. It's just a matter of having grips that can take a little scraping/milling/rubbing around the adjustment knob; not necessary but I did it to my aluminum KAPP grips because it makes adjustment a little easier. Be warned, the Karnivor tickler (straight milling on cap) doesn't fit as well as the Orrical tickler (twisty milling on cap) because it's a little bit wider and harder to get a purchase on when adjusting.

I don't think an STB/MicroRock will fit. I know you can take some serious meat off the sides, but frankly they're just too wide.

Loneassassin
02-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Actually a Tickler will go in much easier than one of those bullet LPRs pictured; they're very short and fairly thin by comparison. It's just a matter of having grips that can take a little scraping/milling/rubbing around the adjustment knob; not necessary but I did it to my aluminum KAPP grips because it makes adjustment a little easier. Be warned, the Karnivor tickler (straight milling on cap) doesn't fit as well as the Orrical tickler (twisty milling on cap) because it's a little bit wider and harder to get a purchase on when adjusting.

I don't think an STB/MicroRock will fit. I know you can take some serious meat off the sides, but frankly they're just too wide.

The ones I have are Orracle Ticklers. I'm really sold on the "sleeper" style. The only thing I worry about is how reliable the Tickler will be with 850+psi feeding directly to it. They are not the most sophisticated lpr on the market...I've had several fail on my Cockers, and those were fed pre-regulated air (300psi give or take.). The "cup-seal" design just isn't condusive to being fed super-high pressures. Not to mention, they aren't real consistant at low settings.

Has anybody ever tried an AKA on a Mag? They are without a doubt the best lpr ever made... :rofl:

TwilightG
02-10-2010, 06:48 AM
The ones I have are Orracle Ticklers. I'm really sold on the "sleeper" style. The only thing I worry about is how reliable the Tickler will be with 850+psi feeding directly to it. They are not the most sophisticated lpr on the market...I've had several fail on my Cockers, and those were fed pre-regulated air (300psi give or take.). The "cup-seal" design just isn't condusive to being fed super-high pressures. Not to mention, they aren't real consistant at low settings.

Has anybody ever tried an AKA on a Mag? They are without a doubt the best lpr ever made... :rofl:

Ticklers are quite popular for pneumags around here. There has been some discussion as to how low they can operate consistently at, but some of AO's best pneumag-installers still prefer them.
The only issues I've ever heard of are pressure spikes when initially airing up the marker & LPR. Holding the trigger while airing up helps to alleviate that.

I suppose it all depends on the importance of a sleeper install. There's always trade-offs...