PDA

View Full Version : Regulator comparable to palmer stabilizer

sslecyk03
02-09-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm looking for a high pressure regulator that works in the 0-600 or so range. Something like a palmer stabilizer but I'm looking for other options. What other high pressure inline regs are nice? Can anyone tell me anything about this shocktech one:

http://www.directpaintball.com/Shocktech-High-Pressure-Inline-Regulators-P5141.aspx

Can anyone confirm that the output for an inline cp reg is 0-600?

Walking Stick
02-09-2010, 09:54 PM
AKA/Akalmp makes some good regs. The 2 Liter (Dual, +, etc.) is highly toted for low pressures but their Sidewinder is good up to 800psi. I've always used Stabilizers and Sidewinders and have had nothing but great consistency out of them. The parts to rebuild them, if ever need be, are also readily available.

Frizzle Fry
02-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Can anyone confirm that the output for an inline cp reg is 0-600?

CP can take up to a 950psi input, and models with output pressures of 0-300psi or 0-500psi are available. the Short and Long models are the same regulator, the only difference is an extended bottom for comfortable grip (only allows straight macro fitting) or a standard shorter bottom that will accept a 90* elbow. They're available in almost all common colors, dust or gloss finish.

sslecyk03
02-09-2010, 10:47 PM
CP can take up to a 950psi input, and models with output pressures of 0-300psi or 0-500psi are available. the Short and Long models are the same regulator, the only difference is an extended bottom for comfortable grip (only allows straight macro fitting) or a standard shorter bottom that will accept a 90* elbow. They're available in almost all common colors, dust or gloss finish.

Thanks Frizz, that is all I needed to know. :D

FA22RaptorF22
02-09-2010, 10:50 PM
I would get an AKA 2 Liter. These are by far the fastest recharging regs, and are easily my #1.

sslecyk03
02-09-2010, 11:18 PM
I would get an AKA 2 Liter. These are by far the fastest recharging regs, and are easily my #1.

True, not too much of a fan of how they look though. That isn't my main concern but it plays a part. Is the sidewinder just as good? What is the main difference?

FA22RaptorF22
02-09-2010, 11:23 PM
True, not too much of a fan of how they look though. That isn't my main concern but it plays a part. Is the sidewinder just as good? What is the main difference?

I would say flow rate. The sidewinder is good two, but the 2L the better flowing of the two.

sslecyk03
02-09-2010, 11:26 PM
I would say flow rate. The sidewinder is good two, but the 2L the better flowing of the two.

Thanks, the sidewinder is topping my list right now. I always liked the way they looked on vikes.

Frizzle Fry
02-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks, the sidewinder is topping my list right now. I always liked the way they looked on vikes.

I'm guessing this is for your super-UL'd mag, right? Are you going Classic or X-valve? The difference in recharge rate won't hurt you on a classic, and even then it probably won't have a noticeable effect on an X-valved marker if you're not making a Pneu or Emag (or anything that'll easily get to 18+ BPS, and I'm ruling out R/Ting because of the low output you're describing). You're still going through with the "no-reg-valve" system I'm assuming.

cockerpunk
02-10-2010, 12:25 AM
easily one of the most cost effective and yet still very high performing regs out there - bob long torpedos.

you can get them for 15-30 bucks, adjustment range is good, and they are easy to clean out (the aka 2 liter plus is actually impossible to clean due to a press fit).

sslecyk03
02-10-2010, 12:43 AM
easily one of the most cost effective and yet still very high performing regs out there - bob long torpedos.

you can get them for 15-30 bucks, adjustment range is good, and they are easy to clean out (the aka 2 liter plus is actually impossible to clean due to a press fit).

I looked at it, but I absolutely hate that side output right in the middle of the reg. Looks way uncomfortable.