PDA

View Full Version : Powerfeed body questions.....

TeaQue
02-10-2010, 10:05 AM
I have a powerfeed left bodied mag than I messing with.....

1. How much "better" are the PF bodies over the regular bodies? I had a regular body that had been chopped and polished so the feedneck was probably an inch shorter than stock and I liked being able to aim right down the barrel.

2. If the PF bodies work "that" much better, can I at least chop the neck down a bit?

I picked up a classic mag and I promised myself I'd leave it alone because it will be my backup or a loaner but I can't help myself :D

Also, as far as emag valves......are they pretty much the same thing as an RT valve? If anyone has one or the other for a decent price let me know.

kwood
02-10-2010, 10:18 AM
watch this video on the powerfeed neck mod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5i7ZRRRAhc

as far as the emag/rt valve is concerned
yes, they are they same with the exception of the on/off assembly that they came with stock from AGD
be sure to ask which on/off is in there if you buy a used one

TeaQue
02-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the link, thats funny that the vid was just uploaded a couple of days ago....

What about advantages of the PF? Does the vent really make a difference? The chopped classic body I had had a notch cutout of it that I feel served the same venting purpose...

kwood
02-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the link, thats funny that the vid was just uploaded a couple of days ago....

What about advantages of the PF? Does the vent really make a difference? The chopped classic body I had had a notch cutout of it that I feel served the same venting purpose...

It's not there to vent air
it's there to direct the blow back air around the ball and use that air to "suck" the ball into the breech
keep in mind these were made because there were not any force feed loaders just revvy loaders
the warp feed didn't come till later
now it doesn't matter much if you have a good loader like a halo, pinokio, prophecy etc

TeaQue
02-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Ahhhh thanks for explaining that! Looks like I'm on the hunt for a right feed classic body to hack up :)

Bigwooly1013
02-10-2010, 11:00 AM
I might have a right feed body for you. PM me and we can discuss

TeaQue
02-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Pm sent

trevorjk
02-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Also, for elbows I recommend those unbreakable nonadjustable whitish ones that can be bought for like $3. Then go to hardware store and buy to pipe clamps. Highly highly durable. Same feedneck for 2 years now

cockerpunk
02-10-2010, 12:47 PM
yeah, powerfeed was designed to prevent blowback issues. the ball in a power feed gun might get blown back a tiny bit, but what happens is it hits the feed, and bounces into the breach.

early automags had big time blowback problems, but more modern automags dont have nearly the same problems.

kwood
02-10-2010, 12:49 PM
yeah, powerfeed was designed to prevent blowback issues. the ball in a power feed gun might get blown back a tiny bit, but what happens is it hits the feed, and bounces into the breach.

early automags had big time blowback problems, but more modern automags dont have nearly the same problems.

hope you dont mind that i linked your youtube video for this :cheers:

cockerpunk
02-10-2010, 01:11 PM
hope you dont mind that i linked your youtube video for this :cheers:

thats what they are for. no problem