PDA

View Full Version : shootdown?

emopunker2004
02-13-2010, 07:49 PM
so i have my leak fixed, now shootdown... could this be caused by the RT on/off i put it. you can hear it when just shooting air and you can see it with paint. S

So i decided to put my stock on/off. sounds like the shootdown is gone. too late to go out back and shoot some paint though. could the on/off cause that?

Also, my valve has 1 star left on it. AGD still does the free rebuild for the stars right?

SSP REAPER
02-13-2010, 09:26 PM
so i have my leak fixed, now shootdown... could this be caused by the RT on/off i put it. you can hear it when just shooting air and you can see it with paint. S

So i decided to put my stock on/off. sounds like the shootdown is gone. too late to go out back and shoot some paint though. could the on/off cause that?

Also, my valve has 1 star left on it. AGD still does the free rebuild for the stars right?
AGD does not do free repairs anymore (Star program).

Ando
02-13-2010, 10:02 PM
You have another tank you can try out?

emopunker2004
02-13-2010, 10:06 PM
i dont. i dont think its the tank. there is a noticable difference in sound when rapid firing with the stock on/off vs the RT on/off. u can hear the air dropping off with the RT on/off on it

Ando
02-13-2010, 10:16 PM
i dont. i dont think its the tank. there is a noticable difference in sound when rapid firing with the stock on/off vs the RT on/off. u can hear the air dropping off with the RT on/off on it
Might be something as simple as shortening your on/off pin. Try taking some meat off it.

Worst case, you might have a valve that won't work with it. :(

emopunker2004
02-13-2010, 10:22 PM
yeh. well i'm not gonna fuss with it right now. i'll deal with it later. hopefully playing some ball tomorrow so the stock on/off will work for now

athomas
02-14-2010, 09:10 AM
If the pin is longer than the stock on-off it could cause shootdown. The geometry of the assembly should be exactly the same length as long as the retro on-off is standard .750" length.

Is the trigger slow coming back? That would indicate a tight on-off oring.

emopunker2004
02-14-2010, 11:37 AM
nope. the trigger comes back relatively normal i believe

athomas
02-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Then it is probably related to on-off pin length. If you have level 10 shims, put one or two between the two retro on-off assembly halves. This will simulate a shorter pin and it should make a difference if that is the problem.

FA22RaptorF22
02-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Per AGD. Shootdown is a velocity problem. Therefore velocity is a problem before the on off, or to do with the regulator section.

If you fire a shot and hold down the trigger, you should get no leaks. If it sputters, you need a new on/off ring. If all is good, check the regulator.

I would say a dirty cylinder around the reg piston, or reg seat oring needs lubing.

emopunker2004
02-14-2010, 12:09 PM
anyone got a shim they wanna throw in an envelope and mail to me? lol

Ando
02-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Per AGD. Shootdown is a velocity problem. Therefore velocity is a problem before the on off, or to do with the regulator section.

If you fire a shot and hold down the trigger, you should get no leaks. If it sputters, you need a new on/off ring. If all is good, check the regulator.

I would say a dirty cylinder around the reg piston, or reg seat oring needs lubing.
LTR...

Emopunke,
PM me your address. I have a few lvl 10 shims I can send ya.

athomas
02-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Per AGD. Shootdown is a velocity problem. Therefore velocity is a problem before the on off, or to do with the regulator section.Not all the time. If the air passage is partially blocked by anything, such as an on-off pin that isn't fully opened, it doesn't allow the chamber to fully recharge before the next shot is fired. In a gun that was previously working fine and nothing has changed, then shootdown would probably be the regulator section. In this case where it seems to be dependent on which on-off is installed, it is more likely the on-off assembly that is causing a reduced air flow.

Now, that being said, it never hurts to clean the regulator section and check the orings. ;)

FA22RaptorF22
02-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Not all the time. If the air passage is partially blocked by anything, such as an on-off pin that isn't fully opened, it doesn't allow the chamber to fully recharge before the next shot is fired. In a gun that was previously working fine and nothing has changed, then shootdown would probably be the regulator section. In this case where it seems to be dependent on which on-off is installed, it is more likely the on-off assembly that is causing a reduced air flow.

Now, that being said, it never hurts to clean the regulator section and check the orings. ;)

Ahh very good point. Yes..incorrect pin lengths would cause some issues.