PDA

View Full Version : I spoke to soon!!

Ravenneon
02-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Alright, So I bought a oring kit for the minimag and installed all the rings, tested and everything worked fine. Now today I tried gasing it up and now all I get is severe leaking between the halves of the valves...WTF? the oring is new...the seat is new and installed in the correct orientation. I even gave it some oil to help seal, no dice. It spits all the oil out and doesnt seal. I feel dumb founded. Am I missing something. All orings in power tube are replaced...the 2 teflon orings and 2 regular orings in the on/off are new. I think the only one that i didnt replace was the regulator oring. Im thinking maybe I just got a bad reg body oring...any thoughts?

MANN
02-15-2010, 08:47 PM
if its between the reg and the body than it is defiantly the reg o-ring. That is the only one that seals there. if you need one pm me.

Ravenneon
02-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks...I used a new one out of the kit and it worked then all of a sudden it didnt...I'll shoot you a pm

reckid1986
02-15-2010, 09:01 PM
ive had this same problem seems like the oring isnt the right size or something, but i just soaked mine in oil for a few days and put it on and it worked.

Ravenneon
02-15-2010, 09:04 PM
ive had this same problem seems like the oring isnt the right size or something, but i just soaked mine in oil for a few days and put it on and it worked.

I could always put the old one back in and try it again...it definitely worked before...this is what I get for trying to do some R&R on my work horse.

OPBN
02-15-2010, 10:16 PM
I often fix my markers until they are broken.

Konigballer
02-15-2010, 10:30 PM
I often fix my markers until they are broken.

:rofl:

alkafluence
02-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Take some KC, 3-in-1, or Autolube oil and put it in a small dish. Let the o-ring that seals between the 2 valve halves sit in that for 24 hours. Then reinstall it. That should help with the sealing problem.

Ravenneon
02-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Thanks for all the help guys...I thought I was loosing my mind for a minute!

Ravenneon
02-19-2010, 04:16 AM
Alright, after running out of air I had to wait for my local paintball store to open. That gave the body oring nearly 3days of soaking in autolube. I reinstalled it, reassembled, and aired it up......massive leak still at the halves. Not really impressed with these new oring kits. SO, frustrated as hell, I busted out the old oring that was in there. REinstalled the old oring, assembled, aired it up and the leak was virtually gone. I say virtually because it was still leaking but WAY less than with a new oring! :mad: So I took it apart and lubed the crud out of the old oring and aired it up again. Low and behold the leak had stopped and the Mini was firing perfect again. Whats the deal with these oring kits?!

Ando
02-19-2010, 04:52 AM
You sure your using the right oring and not a barrel oring? I never had an issue with them before. :confused:

athomas
02-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Yeah, the body oring is one oring I have never had to change in 17 years.

Ando
02-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Yeah, the body oring is one oring I have never had to change in 17 years.
/Agree...

Not saying it can't go bad but I'm pretty sure you're using the wrong one. Ck the size dif between the new one and the old one.

68calsportz
02-19-2010, 06:35 PM
I too had similier experience with a brand new oring kit that i purchased from action village. I dont know if they are the same repair kits that Agd would provide, all i know is the orings are definetly not the same quality. After, completely redoing the whole valve springs and lubed like crazy. It leaked all over the place. I ended up replacing half the orings with old orings that i just replaced to fix the problem.....whats the deal with that?

Ravenneon
02-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah I'm using the right oring. You cant mix that one up with the barrel oring...thickness is way different. The old one I was having interemittent problems with, thats why I decided to do this overhaul. The new one doesnt work and I put the old one back in and I'm still having the same intermittent problem. Sometimes it would seal others it wouldn't. Even with doing the oil down the ASA and I've even oiled the ring directly. With the old one it doesnt leak as bad but it still does. Then I'll try again and it will seal with no leaks, I'll disconnect air and reconnect and it will start leaking again. Its enough to drive me mad. It does seem there is a small difference in size but no other oring will work...as i said the barrel orings are definitely different enough for me to know its not the right one.

This kit I got straight from AGD so you'd think everything would work ok

Ando
02-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Hmmm...Don't know then brother. Contact AGD and ask them to send you a few of those orings and let them know they might have a problem with their inventory.

BigEvil
02-19-2010, 08:26 PM
I too had similier experience with a brand new oring kit that i purchased from action village. I dont know if they are the same repair kits that Agd would provide, all i know is the orings are definetly not the same quality. After, completely redoing the whole valve springs and lubed like crazy. It leaked all over the place. I ended up replacing half the orings with old orings that i just replaced to fix the problem.....whats the deal with that?

If it was one of those "First Aid Kits", forget it. Many of the orings in those kits are OEM, which would explain the sealing issues.

If so, get the right one from AGD, Tuna, or take Mann up on his offer. :cheers:

Ravenneon
02-19-2010, 09:41 PM
If it was one of those "First Aid Kits", forget it. Many of the orings in those kits are OEM, which would explain the sealing issues.

If so, get the right one from AGD, Tuna, or take Mann up on his offer. :cheers:

I did send MANN a message taking him up on his offer. I dont know if he sent it or not. I'll probably call AGD monday and ask them what they would suggest. I just dont want to be dropping butt loads of money on Orings that potentially wont fix the problem. I hope MANN got my message cause I'd like to get my Minimag working right before Living Legends in May. I do have my Tac-One but I would like to use my minimag as well.

But its nice to know I'm not the only one, unfortunately. I'll have to figure something out.

athomas
02-20-2010, 08:27 AM
I too had similier experience with a brand new oring kit that i purchased from action village. I dont know if they are the same repair kits that Agd would provide, all i know is the orings are definetly not the same quality. After, completely redoing the whole valve springs and lubed like crazy. It leaked all over the place. I ended up replacing half the orings with old orings that i just replaced to fix the problem.....whats the deal with that?If its not an AGD kit, I wouldn't use it unless I selected the individual orings from an oring supplier that I trusted. I purchased a non-AGD kit once. ONCE!!! That was a mistake. I had leaks all over the place too. I threw the whole kit out and purchased a few of the orings I needed and all was well.

Quality orings are the key to operational success in a mag.

Ravenneon: Make sure there isn't a burr somewhere that prevents the oring from sealing. Check both mating surfaces closely. Test fit the oring in each half to see if it is overly loose. Inspect the orings for blemishes.

Ravenneon
02-20-2010, 05:10 PM
If its not an AGD kit, I wouldn't use it unless I selected the individual orings from an oring supplier that I trusted. I purchased a non-AGD kit once. ONCE!!! That was a mistake. I had leaks all over the place too. I threw the whole kit out and purchased a few of the orings I needed and all was well.

Quality orings are the key to operational success in a mag.

Ravenneon: Make sure there isn't a burr somewhere that prevents the oring from sealing. Check both mating surfaces closely. Test fit the oring in each half to see if it is overly loose. Inspect the orings for blemishes.

its definitely and AGD kit...I bought it from them. Im gonna do that now actually. I'll post back my findings. Thanks for all the suggestions you guys. You've all been a good help.

Ravenneon
02-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Ok...I took it apart. I had put the old oring back on so I took it back off. I inspected both halves and niether had burrs. As for checking fitment. The old oring fits snug into the female half unfortunately I nicked it with the pick so now its useless. I do the same test with the new one and its very slightly looser(i suck at grammar) than the old. Now I had the new one stewing in oil still and I decided to put it on and reassemble it. I aired it up and BINGO! it sealed with no leaks. I fired a couple dry fires still no leaks. However, the minute that I disconnect the air and re air it up...it leaks again from between the 2 halves.

EDIT: I put the old one back in for giggles...now its sealing and not leaking consistently when I gas and degas the marker repeatedly. So my final conclusion....the old oring stays in! Im done messing with this thing. I'm gonna call AGD Monday and ask about what the problem I could be having is. Thanks again to everyone for your suggestions. I guess the saying is if aint broke...dont fix it really applies here...LOL

Coralis
02-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Are both half of the valve stock parts? I have a ANS phase 2 back half that leaks when i put it on my rental valved mag , I used to put a wrap of Teflon tape on the threads before i finally put on the stock back half back on.