PDA

View Full Version : Z grip advice.

C_losjoker
02-15-2010, 09:11 PM
hey guys I have a Zgrip that a chunk was cut out of it. it does not affect the grip at all, trigger gaurd is not weak, it mounts onto a gun just fine. but i wanted to know if there is a way to weld/glue or anything to fix the gap? below are some pictures, let me know what yo guys think, any advice will be great help.
thanks

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk223/c_losjoker/ZgripFrame/

reckid1986
02-15-2010, 09:19 PM
looks like it was cut to fit some sort of forgrip extender, but if you want to put something in there, i think a 2 part epoxy would hold it in.

Ando
02-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Consider yourself lucky it's a clean cut and not some hack job.

I would use metal set. Get some pop-sickle sticks and place the half's between the cut part of the frame to make a mold. Tape one side so you won't make a mess and pore in the mixed metal set. Let it "set" for 24 hrs and use a file or dermal to trim and smooth it out.

C_losjoker
02-15-2010, 11:47 PM
yep its was not the worst cut job that i have seen, and you got it right, done to fit a foregrip extender. they left enough meat around the screw hole that it would not break off. well unless you really put some force behind it.

where can i find this metal set stuff? I take it that if i ever wanted to get this anod again you would be able to see the difference on the fix job correct?? oh and what do you guys think this is worth the way it is? thanks again for all the help.

smeek
02-16-2010, 05:45 AM
Anodizing will definitely show the repair. Powder coating would hide the repair a lot better than anodizing.

Hobbez
02-16-2010, 06:30 AM
JB Weld works wonders in situations like this. I've patched engine blocks with this stuff. It can be had at wall-mart, lowes, any place like that.

Ando
02-16-2010, 07:54 AM
...and at just about any Autozone like parts place. There's different colors of the stuff but try to get it in black. If you can only find the gray, mix it hot (put a lot of activator in it) it will be almost black and blend in well with the grip. You could also use a little flat black paint on the repair if need be.