PDA

View Full Version : RT Level 10 Slow Recharge?

Advanced
02-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Problem is fixed, but here's pictures of this sexy beast:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/chmodx/DSC09064.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/chmodx/DSC09060.jpg

Hey,

When I pull the trigger, the gun fires, but the pin comes back slowly, essentially only letting me fire like once per 2 seconds.

Tried 2 tanks with outputs up to 1200psi. Suggestions?

FA22RaptorF22
02-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Hey,

When I pull the trigger, the gun fires, but the pin comes back slowly, essentially only letting me fire like once per 2 seconds.

Tried 2 tanks with outputs up to 1200psi. Suggestions?

1) Fire a single shot and hold trigger down in mech mode.
---> Any leaks? Sputtering?

2) The more likely thing happening is that the on/off rings are sticking.
---> Take the on/off out and the orings at the bottom. Lube them up and also unscrew the on/off halves and lube that small oring.

3) Then run 6 drops of oil in the asa and fire away!

Ando
02-16-2010, 07:38 PM
Re-trace your steps. What's the last thing you did to it.
-Oil...Oil...Oil...
-Top on/off orings unseated
I had a issue once like that and messing with my grip and field strip screw fixed it.

Watcher
02-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Bolt stick?

Advanced
02-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Hi,

As always everyone's expertise is appreciated.

I replaced two of the orings on the on/off and whala, works wonderfully, no leaks, etc.

This is my new(perfect condition) PTP Jungle Nights Micromag (vert feed). It is pure sex, I'm going to go spend some alone time with it now.

Thanks again!

athomas
02-17-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm actually surprised that it is the on-off orings instead of bolt stick. If it happens again, retune the level 10.

FA22RaptorF22
02-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Boo yah! I hit it right on the nose :D

Good luck guys!

Advanced
02-17-2010, 02:18 PM
I suspected bolt stick initially, but the bolt/gun cycled fine, even the pin moved back up against the trigger with normal speed.

The gun would fire, but then each additional trigger pull was treated like a ball pinch and the bolt would vent without moving.

Either way it is fixed. I also noticed I left one of the two shims out on the table from it, the gun works fine right now so I'm not going to put it back in. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

athomas
02-17-2010, 02:27 PM
The gun would fire, but then each additional trigger pull was treated like a ball pinch and the bolt would vent without moving.

Either way it is fixed. I also noticed I left one of the two shims out on the table from it, the gun works fine right now so I'm not going to put it back in. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!That's bolt stick you are describing.

I wouldn't worry about the shims. They only affect how far the bolt needs to physically move to vent air and reset. Usually, if the bolt moves at all, it will move far enough to expose the vent hole.