PDA

View Full Version : Backing up software.

Chromejr
02-19-2010, 03:09 PM
My new mag has the AGD 4.0 software loaded with a "Bob long says look left now AGD Pride 4.0" Boot message.

I've done a little research and know that this version is not supported by AGD. And also with the problems it has, definitely not usable for tournament play. I would like to have the marker flashed with Xmod so I could get tournament modes... but ONLY if I can backup the 4.0 software. As it is a little piece of AGD history. I do not want to distribute the code, but I would like to keep it with this marker for that reason.

Is this possible?

punkncat
02-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Yes, the xmod programmer and cable will allow you (and suggests) that you read and backup your current software before making any changes.

Tunaman
02-19-2010, 08:53 PM
AGD 4.0 was never officially released because it had bugs. Miscue wrote this software...and there were revisions but still buggy. Lose the 4.0 forever and get the Xmod. ;)

kwood
02-19-2010, 09:10 PM
My new mag has the AGD 4.0 software loaded with a "Bob long says look left now AGD Pride 4.0" Boot message.

I've done a little research and know that this version is not supported by AGD. And also with the problems it has, definitely not usable for tournament play. I would like to have the marker flashed with Xmod so I could get tournament modes... but ONLY if I can backup the 4.0 software. As it is a little piece of AGD history. I do not want to distribute the code, but I would like to keep it with this marker for that reason.

Is this possible?

im in the same boat as you
i want to keep my 4.01 but i want the capabilities of xmod

BenoitOWN
02-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Ask the creator of the Xmod to get a personalized boot message ... will cost you money.