PDA

View Full Version : Will a ULE body fit on an AM/MM Rail?

CatoRockwell
02-21-2010, 06:12 PM
If I remove the barrel lock will a ULE body fit on an AM/MM rail? I'm pretty sure it will but I want to be sure before I get the parts for this project.

secretweaponevan
02-21-2010, 06:15 PM
If I remove the barrel lock will a ULE body fit on an AM/MM rail? I'm pretty sure it will but I want to be sure before I get the parts for this project.

Yep. You might need to file the pim a tad, but it will fit.

Frizzle Fry
02-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Yep. You might need to file the pim a tad, but it will fit.

Really? Never encountered issues.

secretweaponevan
02-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Really? Never encountered issues.

Neither have I. IIRC, athomas said it once and I take his word as gospel.

Frizzle Fry
02-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Neither have I. IIRC, athomas said it once and I take his word as gospel.

Maybe on oddball rails. There are a ton of variants out there. My original (first) doesn't have a z-lock channel or foregrip hole but is fully factory drilled for a backbottle.

secretweaponevan
02-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Maybe on oddball rails. There are a ton of variants out there. My original (first) doesn't have a z-lock channel or foregrip hole but is fully factory drilled for a backbottle.

That's odd. Does it have the dovetails on the side?

Frizzle Fry
02-21-2010, 07:57 PM
That's odd. Does it have the dovetails on the side?

Nope. Milled sorta like one that does though, has 5... "facets" I guess would be the best way to put it.

luke
02-21-2010, 07:57 PM

Some rails are set up from the factory for both ULE and SS bodies. If yours isn't, just have your rail milled to accept them. ;)

athomas
02-22-2010, 02:24 PM
The ULE bodies should fit the AM/MM rails without any modifications. Be aware that there have been instances where depth of the pim may be an issue. Most of the time you won't have to worry about it. The main combination with pim depth issues are the stainless retro and emag bodies fitting on the AM/MM rails. They do have pims that are too long and need to be filed down.

Bottom line: The pim hole on the AM/MM rails is shallower than the retro rails, but it should not deter you from using any body that you want to use.