PDA

View Full Version : classic valve upgrades?

kit352
02-21-2010, 06:28 PM
whata re some of the better classic valve ups? i know level 10 is a must but what about others. ive heard the rt on/off is a good upgrade but what else can or should i do. im trying to keep my gun as stock looking as possible but i want abit better performance. i dont think ill ever step up to the x so im gonna try to go far on my classic. ill be using the carbon fiber frame for now.
also should i even bother with the rt on/off? is it just a drop in thing or do i need more?

pump
02-22-2010, 12:47 AM
RT on off or anything with a similar diameter pin is MUCH better
a 45 frame is also nice (benchmark/proteam frames make a longer yet lighter pull, others have almost the same pull as old stock)

i like putting a black ice reg bottom in the back of the mag but then it looks different

kit352
02-22-2010, 01:34 AM
now when i look at ordering the rt on/off it comes with one size pin but you can order others. do i just use the original one or do i need to worry about pin size?
im actually pretty happy with the stock trigger frame. it took me a long time to find one that wasnt beat or cut so i dont think ill be swapping it anytime soon. id love a better trigger but i havent been able to find any for the single trigger.

pump
02-22-2010, 01:50 AM
now when i look at ordering the rt on/off it comes with one size pin but you can order others. do i just use the original one or do i need to worry about pin size?rt comes with its own pin

RT pin length should be .75 or .76
if you get it and end up getting bolt and sear chew, get an Xring that fits the top of the pin it will add length

athomas
02-22-2010, 02:16 PM
The standard pin length to fit an AIR/classic valve is 0.750" which is the same as a standard retro/X valve on-off pin. The retro on-off assembly is a drop in replacement. If you wish to use the quad oring(recommended) use a shorter 0.740" pin.

kit352
02-22-2010, 04:19 PM
The standard pin length to fit an AIR/classic valve is 0.750" which is the same as a standard retro/X valve on-off pin. The retro on-off assembly is a drop in replacement. If you wish to use the quad oring(recommended) use a shorter 0.740" pin.
whats the deal with the orings. i hear about them but i dont see how they are used. the rt on/off looks like it has a place for only one of them. is the quad oring part of the on/off package or do i have to get those seperately?

athomas
02-22-2010, 04:35 PM
The quad oring replaces the small white urethane oring above the on-off top. It needs to be purchased separately.

kit352
02-22-2010, 05:13 PM
The quad oring replaces the small white urethane oring above the on-off top. It needs to be purchased separately.

what are its benefits?

pump
02-22-2010, 05:33 PM
i know that its the same as adding length to a pin
thats why i use it