PDA

View Full Version : pneu-UL frame?

i8pie2day
02-21-2010, 11:33 PM
well i was thinking i might make a mag with a modded UL frame to fit and was wondering, is there enough room to fit the parts (sans the LPR, i could put that up front or on the ASA) and i am talking about an 05-06 UL frame for proto's because they are cheaper....

Frizzle Fry
02-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Your best bet would be an SLG UL frame. More room, plus it's sorta already set up with 'mags in mind.

i8pie2day
02-21-2010, 11:38 PM
well what i was thinking is that i was going to get that armada mag that has been floating aroudn for a while, but try put a pneumatic setup inthe UL frame that is already there... so if possible, i kind of wanted to do it with what i would have...

Frizzle Fry
02-21-2010, 11:41 PM
well what i was thinking is that i was going to get that armada mag that has been floating aroudn for a while, but try put a pneumatic setup inthe UL frame that is already there... so if possible, i kind of wanted to do it with what i would have...

I'm not sure you'll have enough room, but I guess it's worth a shot.

Anyway, I'm sure you can trade an 05/06 Proto UL for a Proto SLG UL if it comes to that ;)

mpsd
02-22-2010, 06:34 AM
I've heard that a previous attempt of mounting a MPA-3 was done on that frame and it didn't work so well. That's exactly why I didn't buy it a year ago. Maybe the SLG idea would be better.

mpsd
02-22-2010, 06:53 AM
Found a picture of the problem:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/pneu-1.jpg

It doesn't have how to bolt the MPA-3 on both sides so it stays unstable.

Frizzle Fry
02-22-2010, 06:57 AM
I've heard that a previous attempt of mounting a MPA-3 was done on that frame and it didn't work so well. That's exactly why I didn't buy it a year ago. Maybe the SLG idea would be better.

The SLG has a noid in there, so there's more room when it's empty.

mpsd
02-22-2010, 07:04 AM
Or one could use the original noid to trip the sear (I don't really know if that's possible but I'm thinking at something like a Spyder Mag frame, you know?). If that's possible, it would be pretty easy to do and one would have an electro frame instead of a pneu or an EP mag.

Frizzle Fry
02-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Or one could use the original noid to trip the sear (I don't really know if that's possible but I'm thinking at something like a Spyder Mag frame, you know?). If that's possible, it would be pretty easy to do and one would have an electro frame instead of a pneu or an EP mag.

The SLG is essentially a plastic automag.

rawbutter
02-22-2010, 07:55 AM

I can't see the picture mpsd posted, but would one of zap's cheaters work inside an UL frame, or is the frame just too narrow to accomodate pneumatics.

i8pie2day
02-22-2010, 08:30 PM
The SLG is essentially a plastic automag.

wait... so other than realigning the holes to fit on a mag rail, what else needs to be done to get it to work... what would trip the sear, the solonoid already in it?

Frizzle Fry
02-22-2010, 09:11 PM
wait... so other than realigning the holes to fit on a mag rail, what else needs to be done to get it to work... what would trip the sear, the solonoid already in it?

Functionally speaking, I mean. I had a first gen SLG... I don't know that the holes will line up. It's also got an odd sear system.

i8pie2day
02-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Functionally speaking, I mean. I had a first gen SLG... I don't know that the holes will line up. It's also got an odd sear system.

so anyone know how i could get the UL frame to trip the sear? would i have to make it into an EP mag or is there any way to be just electronic?

mpsd
02-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Here is a pic of the inside of the frame:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/slgcutaway.jpg

As with a Spyder frame, you would have to mill the inside of it and change the noid to work horizontally instead of vertically. That would be a little tricky, I think. Maybe trying to install a MPA-3 could be easier. I really don't know...