PDA

View Full Version : Faster!

jade_monkey07
02-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Its a cheater pnuemag, xvalve. iv got magnets on the trigger i can walk it about 13ish bps right now. It almost feels like its the valve holding me back at this point. I have a ninja reg that is factory 800- 850psi output. I know that my fingers are probably the biggest weak point in the setup but having it reset faster cant be a bad thing.

Im going to up the psi in my tank to 950ish, I was wondering if different springs will reset the bolt the faster. I dont really care about how soft or hard the lvl 10 is on paint, since i picked up a good hopper i havnt heard the lvl 10 kick in for a long time.

any other advice on how to get the marker to cycle a little faster

psychowarden
02-23-2010, 10:40 AM
I don't think it's the valve mate... I think I've heard that the X-valve is capable of 35bps or something like that, maybe more. I know Zak Vettar has had it railing at around 30bps.

athomas
02-23-2010, 10:47 AM
If you have slight bolt stick, you won't hear anything but it could slow down the cycle.

Truly walking a trigger faster than 13bps is really difficult. A lot of the electros that do it, cheat because you get artificial trigger pulls due to switch bounce. You won't get that on a mechanical gun. Plus, if you pull the trigger too soon before the bolt is back, the mechanical gun won't remember the activation like an electro with shot buffering. So, you may be walking faster than 13 bps, but if the pulls are not consistently spaced, you may be missing a few shots.

reckid1986
02-23-2010, 10:48 AM
yeah zak has a video of a valve doin 34 cps, if you want it to go faster, your gonna have to E-pneu it.

Hook
02-23-2010, 12:47 PM
I might not now a lot about pneus, but I'd add 2 or 3 sliver shims in your Ninja reg to get around 900-950psi and use the gold spring on the Xvalve.

If I use the red spring on my XValve, I have a hard time getting the RT to kick in and it chuffs every so often. However, I get crazy reactivity with the gold spring and no chuffs unless I shortstroke.

Frizzle Fry
02-23-2010, 03:13 PM
I don't think it's the valve mate... I think I've heard that the X-valve is capable of 35bps or something like that, maybe more. I know Zak Vettar has had it railing at around 30bps.

Properly tuned, yes, but sometimes valves (when set up wrong) can cause issues with speed.

jade_monkey07
02-24-2010, 09:46 AM
I know that electros use shot buffering, thats why i want the valve to reset that much faster, to rule out my clumsy fingers.

and to rule out the slight bolt stick im going to retune the lvl 10 with the gold spring and so that its almost to the point of leaking

thats what i was thinking hook, i didnt get shims with my ninja though. ill have to order a kit. sadly i jumped on the ninja too early and i didnt know the would preset the reg to whatever you wanted.
And zak only got 34 because he had 2000 psi + directly into the valve. even rt ing my valve was never very fast or consistent

viper-mayhem
02-24-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that Ninja regs are preset at 600-650 psi. You might want to check it out. That is factory set but they do come with adjustable shims or something like that.

Jim2752
02-24-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm pretty sure that Ninja regs are preset at 600-650 psi. You might want to check it out. That is factory set but they do come with adjustable shims or something like that.

No, they come set at 800-850psi.

jade_monkey07
02-24-2010, 09:32 PM
and i got mine before they started providing extra shims with the purchase

Hook
02-25-2010, 10:55 AM
I got my Ninja tank last week. They still don't provide extra shims, you gotta call them to get them. I called and they sent me 4 shims, free of charge.

According to my gauge, my Ninja outputs 800psi.

jade_monkey07
02-26-2010, 09:55 AM
I got my Ninja tank last week. They still don't provide extra shims, you gotta call them to get them. I called and they sent me 4 shims, free of charge.

According to my gauge, my Ninja outputs 800psi.

Ill see if i can get some shims from them

kcombs9
02-26-2010, 10:46 AM
I know that electros use shot buffering, thats why i want the valve to reset that much faster, to rule out my clumsy fingers.

The X valve will never hold you back in BPS unless you have some serious problems with it. You are probably short stroking. that's what the shot buffer in electros prevent. not waiting on the valve to reset.