PDA

View Full Version : Mag dumping air down barrel

Cluck
02-25-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm new to mags, so I don't know much about them. I have an RT ULE mag with an X valve, Level 10 bolt, intelliframe, and ULE body. and macroline running from a hybrid on/off asa directly to the valve.

When I first got this gun a week ago, it was working perfectly. The only thing I changed was running the air through a gas thru grip to running directly to the bolt, and changed from a CP on/off to the hybrid on/off.

I have a game tomorrow, so I aired up my gun to check it, and it was firing in three round bursts. Then, the trigger pin didn't return to the trigger, and the gun started massively leaking down the barrel. I turned the air off and turned it back on, and it was firing in three round bursts, and then did the same thing. Now, when I air it up, the trigger pin never goes to the trigger, and the gun constantly dumps air down the barrel. A solution to my problem ASAP would be awesome.

Ando
02-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Did you pull the valve out?
Does it leak when you hold down the trigger?

Cluck
02-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Holding down the trigger doesn't do anything, seeing as the trigger pin doesnt gas up.

athomas
02-26-2010, 10:24 AM
If holding the trigger doesn't stop the leak down the barrel, then your problem is with the on-off top orings or you have way too many shims in your ULT. Since it was working before, I would check for dirt in the orings.

Ando
02-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Install the stock on/off. See if the leak goes away. Might want to ck and see if your reg seat oring is MIA?

Mobius V
03-06-2010, 04:46 PM
I am having the same problem with one of my emags and I have owned mags for years but havent played in 6 yrs now so my tech skills are gone now :p and my emag has a slight leak down the barrel when i hold trigger aft leak stops, release it starts leaking again I cleaned the on off took the two pieces off lubed up all the orings in the on off and that little black one on top of the on off still no luck

Ando
03-06-2010, 04:53 PM
It's your orings in your PT area. Oil up the marker, they might come back to life after 6 years.

Mobius V
03-06-2010, 05:06 PM
the orings in the power tube are brand new i just built this emag over the winter and its an old emag valve that had lvl 7 installed in it so I put a brand new lvl 10 kit in it and lubed it up so maybe those new orings just kinda gotta break in or something..

Ando
03-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Start going down carrier sizes till it stops.

Mobius V
03-06-2010, 05:13 PM
I had a 2 ring in there to start, no go total bad leak went down to a one ring to small marker wouldnt fire but.. no leak, went to a one ring and dot marker fires but leaks like i said occasionally tried both spring sizes you think i should shim it?

Ando
03-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Very important that you use the same oring in each carrier.

Mobius V
03-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah I am, I atleast remembered that after all these years

Ando
03-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Try a different Oring then. Might have a bad one.

athomas
03-07-2010, 12:07 PM
I had a 2 ring in there to start, no go total bad leak went down to a one ring to small marker wouldnt fire but.. no leak, went to a one ring and dot marker fires but leaks like i said occasionally tried both spring sizes you think i should shim it?Don't shim it. Adding shims will make it worst. All testing while tuning your level 10 should be done without using any shims.

Make sure you increase your velocity setting when you install the level 10 bolt system. It uses a slightly higher chamber pressure and quite often won't allow the marker to cycle if you don't increase the velocity setting.

If there is wear at the tip of your sear, the bolt could be sitting forward such that the vent hole in the bolt stem is always exposed allowing a leak down the powertube.

Try tuning with the gold spring first. Once you get that working move to the red spring. The only adjustments that need to be made between spring changes are velocity adjustments. If the 1 ring, one dot carrier is leaking, the one ring carrier is probably the one you need. Even if it is tight, the marker should fire if you increase the velocity really high using the gold spring. That will at least give you a starting point. If it is really tight and the next larger carrier leaks, then maybe the oring is bad as mentioned previously.