PDA

View Full Version : Sydarm Barrel

davej946
02-06-2002, 08:23 AM
To Those 'In the Know',

Will AGD sell the lay person a sydarm barrel? Just curious. I like the shortness, and it looks pretty cool too. If so, how much? Also, I assume it would work on a regular Mag, wouldn't it?

Thanks,

Muzikman
02-06-2002, 09:53 AM
It would only work on a vert feed mag since the Sydarm is basicly very fed.

Demonio
02-17-2002, 01:52 PM
What Muzikman is saying is - is that the balls drop directly from the top of the barrel. There is no angle to it like powerfeed on either left or right side. So the SydArm barrel won't work for your basic mag. The Barrel on my sydarm won't work on my minimag and my minimag barrels won't work on my sydarm.
The way a regular mag barrel is cut, it has the 2 grooves to lock in place with a twist. Well the sydarm has only one groove and twists the opposite direction. So that it is pefectly centered on the top where the balls load.

Your best bet would be to call AGD and see if they have any barrels of that size (mine's 6.5") that are cut for your mag. You can always cut down a barrel to that size or get one custom made for you.

Good luck

TylerDurden
02-17-2002, 06:18 PM
It would work if you a centerfeed body, such as the ones in the online store, and there are barrels made in verical feed for mags, I'm not sure which ones though.