PDA

View Full Version : EP mag

sslecyk03
02-27-2010, 09:48 PM
I know there have been threads on this but they all seem to be old with all the links dead. I'm interested in trying this but my expertise on anything electronic is lacking :confused:

From what I understand this is what I need to make it work:

A ram such as the clippard mpa-3

A solenoid like this one: http://www.airsoldier.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=SMC-SY113A-SG-PM3&Category_Code=SOLENOIDS

A board that fits the frame (those mini morlocks are tiny and appealing)

A 9volt battery

An LPR to supply low pressure to the solenoid

So basically the solenoid wires into the board and receives input from the LPR and outputs to the ram? 9 volt is connected to the board.

Is that all there is to it? Do I need to do any soldering to get the solenoid to wire to the board?

Thanks guys

kcombs9
02-27-2010, 10:37 PM
depends on the board, if it has a wire harness soldering should be minimal.

You need some way to trigger it all, a micro switch like in a Ion would work. Or get a Hes from a Emag :rolleyes:

And hose for the LPR to the Solenoid then MPA 3

sslecyk03
02-27-2010, 10:43 PM
depends on the board, if it has a wire harness soldering should be minimal.

You need some way to trigger it all, a micro switch like in a Ion would work. Or get a Hes from a Emag :rolleyes:

And hose for the LPR to the Solenoid then MPA 3

Yea hosing I knew, the microswitch though-

1. Would any work and are they universal for any board?

2. Where would I get an Ion microswitch?

3. How does it fit into the whole scheme physically? Mounted behind trigger or something?

kcombs9
02-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Yea hosing I knew, the microswitch though-

1. Would any work and are they universal for any board?

2. Where would I get an Ion microswitch?

3. How does it fit into the whole scheme physically? Mounted behind trigger or something?

You could mill a spot for the Trigger to hit it right on. Or like most Pnue's have some type of rod between the Trigger and the switch. Ill find some pics.

MANN
02-27-2010, 10:49 PM
buy a utb from p8ntbal4me. it comes with a microswitch, a membrane pad, and an led.

You will need to purchase a solenoid like this

http://www.airsoldier.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=SMC-S070C-SDG-32&Category_Code=SOLENOIDS

and you will need a mpa3 pm mag79 i know he has some

you will need to know how to solder wires as there are iirc 11 wires to solder(2 noid, 2 microswitch, 4 led, 3 membrane pad)

if you can solder you should be good to go.

sslecyk03
02-27-2010, 10:50 PM
You could mill a spot for the Trigger to hit it right on. Or like most Pnue's have some type of rod between the Trigger and the switch. Ill find some pics.

I would appreciate that man, thanks

kcombs9
02-27-2010, 10:51 PM
http://www.e-paintball.com/Spyder-25g-Microswitch-p-18185.html

microswitch might be some 18g once not sure. just the first one I found

sslecyk03
02-27-2010, 10:55 PM
buy a utb from p8ntbal4me. it comes with a microswitch, a membrane pad, and an led.

You will need to purchase a solenoid like this

http://www.airsoldier.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=SMC-S070C-SDG-32&Category_Code=SOLENOIDS

and you will need a mpa3 pm mag79 i know he has some

you will need to know how to solder wires as there are iirc 11 wires to solder(2 noid, 2 microswitch, 4 led, 3 membrane pad)

if you can solder you should be good to go.

Would I still have to mount the microswitch somewhere? I do have a soldering kit so I guess I could handle that with some practice (not on the board obviously).

Edit- Also is there room to put the battery in the frame with the utb kit? I see you have it in your foregrip.

MANN
02-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Would I still have to mount the microswitch somewhere? I do have a soldering kit so I guess I could handle that with some practice (not on the board obviously).

Edit- Also is there room to put the battery in the frame with the utb kit? I see you have it in your foregrip.

yeah the microswitch still needs to go behind the trigger somewhere. You can fit a battery with the utb board, but then have to find a place for the lpr. I chose to put my lpr in my grip, and my battery in my foregrip.

sslecyk03
02-28-2010, 11:23 AM
yeah the microswitch still needs to go behind the trigger somewhere. You can fit a battery with the utb board, but then have to find a place for the lpr. I chose to put my lpr in my grip, and my battery in my foregrip.

Ok cool, I saw in your thread you were talking about making a little instructional for the UTB, did that ever take place? I'm a bit lost on all this and may have to send it out for work but I would love to do it myself as a project.