PDA

View Full Version : Mag problems...help

Executioner
02-27-2010, 11:38 PM
I just bought a brand new RT ULE Custom. I took it out....the stock asa cut o rings. I replaced it. Ok worked fine. Took it to the field today and played several games. Small problem. The trigger wouldn't fire unless you pulled it really hard until it fired. After that it would shoot fine. So I got home pulled the x valve out. Cleaned it, and put it back in. Now the gun 1) Won't fire
2) When I pull the trigger there is resistance, but no firing. Any ideas?

Ando
02-28-2010, 05:06 AM
I just bought a brand new RT ULE Custom. I took it out....the stock asa cut o rings. I replaced it. Ok worked fine. Took it to the field today and played several games. Small problem. The trigger wouldn't fire unless you pulled it really hard until it fired. After that it would shoot fine. So I got home pulled the x valve out. Cleaned it, and put it back in. Now the gun 1) Won't fire
2) When I pull the trigger there is resistance, but no firing. Any ideas?

How far did you tear your valve down? Ck your velocity.

Mags LOVE OIL!!! Most people say to put a few drops in the ASA but by the time that oil run through all your lines it's pretty much thinned out and you get minimal amounts in the valve. If you have a QD at the valve, remove it and fill that bad boy up, reconnect and dry fire it about 15-20 times. If you can get it to shoot :rolleyes: Start by oiling up your on/off assy, unscrew your reg assy from the body and oil the orings and pull your bolt off and drop a few down the power tube for GP. See if that gets it going.

Do you have at least 800 psi in your tank and/or does your regulator output as much? Majority of the time a mag won't shoot if your tank pressure/output pressure is below 800. Best if you have over 1k when troubleshooting. Gauges aren't the most accurate things :rolleyes:

You have your field strip screw hand tight? I know a lot of people new to mags like to wrench that thing down. Sometimes with aftermarket parts you have to tighten it a little over hand tight but if it's all original AGD parts, 99% of the time, there's no need. Gas your marker up and mess with the field strip screw. You'll hear the valve click once you have the field strip set right.

Executioner
02-28-2010, 07:20 PM
I've tried a lot of things....but I did remove the on/off assembly. Apparently there is a larger o ring missing from the factory....I think I need to contact AGD about it.

How far did you tear your valve down? Ck your velocity.

Mags LOVE OIL!!! Most people say to put a few drops in the ASA but by the time that oil run through all your lines it's pretty much thinned out and you get minimal amounts in the valve. If you have a QD at the valve, remove it and fill that bad boy up, reconnect and dry fire it about 15-20 times. If you can get it to shoot :rolleyes: Start by oiling up your on/off assy, unscrew your reg assy from the body and oil the orings and pull your bolt off and drop a few down the power tube for GP. See if that gets it going.

Do you have at least 800 psi in your tank and/or does your regulator output as much? Majority of the time a mag won't shoot if your tank pressure/output pressure is below 800. Best if you have over 1k when troubleshooting. Gauges aren't the most accurate things :rolleyes:

You have your field strip screw hand tight? I know a lot of people new to mags like to wrench that thing down. Sometimes with aftermarket parts you have to tighten it a little over hand tight but if it's all original AGD parts, 99% of the time, there's no need. Gas your marker up and mess with the field strip screw. You'll hear the valve click once you have the field strip set right.

Tunaman
02-28-2010, 07:49 PM
I've tried a lot of things....but I did remove the on/off assembly. Apparently there is a larger o ring missing from the factory....I think I need to contact AGD about it.
There is no way it could have worked fine if that large oring was mising from the factory. The gun would go full auto, and besides that they chrono every marker before it leaves. Find that oring. ;)

Executioner
02-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Well I believe that the o ring has gone missing....idk when possibly when I was cleaning it....which would explain a lot.

It's missing the larger o ring that fits around the smaller one on the top of the on/off pin. I tried replacing it with a "generic" o ring today. But now it's just going full auto. When I got it home it doesn't even do that. It'll fire three times in a row, and just stop firing.

Do you think it's that o ring?

Ando
02-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I need to stop posting when I'm drinking. That made about as much sense as (.) (.) on a boar.

Find it or get a new packing. It's not going to work properly if it's missing parts.

Tunaman
02-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Are you sure the large oring is not down in the on/off hole? That is where it needs to be installed before you pop in the on/off with the little oring installed on the end of the pin. There is really no way the large oring can fall out unless you took it out...let me know.

Executioner
02-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah I double checked. It's definately not there. Which would contribute to this problem?

Executioner
02-28-2010, 09:17 PM
I put in a generic o ring that was the right size, but it didn't seem to help much.