PDA

View Full Version : It's funny

dre1919
02-28-2010, 11:34 PM
You get on PBNation for five minutes and it makes you realize how unique (and nice) AO is. :) I was looking in the section entitled "Missouri" (as it's where I live) and came across these douche nozzles who call themselves the "Third Reich Army" as a legitimate scenario/WWII/MilSim team name. Even though they stated they have no need to explain themselves, they made a nice page long introductory post as to who they were and what they're about. I pointed out to them (as I am a WWII buff) that the German national army was known as the Wehrmacht, and not "The Third Reich Army". Of course, because I did, I'm "hatin on their coolness" or whatever. :rolleyes: Heh. I guess I gotta hand it to them really...it takes balls and enough idiocy to not only name yourself that, but to get jerseys with the symbols AND got out in public with them on.

kobeastly
03-01-2010, 12:27 AM
It took you five minutes?

leloup
03-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Jerseys with symbols...you mean targets to shoot at right? Even if I were on the German side (which I have been at a WWII senario game) I would shoot them.

dre1919
03-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Check these tools out:

Tools (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3287192)

Basically, they're overwhelming response is "we don't need your fancy learnin' about history and stuff". So, yay for ignorance I guess.

CatoRockwell
03-02-2010, 12:09 AM
These guys must be idiots. Even though the 3rd Reich means Germany, it is closely associated with the Nazi Propaganda and Nazi controlled Germany. I'm all for honoring the Germans who fought in WWII some of the best soldiers the world has seen as well as some of the most honorable.

bentothejam1n
03-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Mmm I remember my first pbnation bashing thread. Are they still a bunch of l33t 16 year olds?

snoopay700
03-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Mmm I remember my first pbnation bashing thread. Are they still a bunch of l33t 16 year olds?
The bulk of it still is pretty much. I steer clear of it nowadays, it's not even fun for controversial stuff anymore.

dre1919
03-03-2010, 12:52 AM
I normally do too but when I saw these guys I was like "Seriously...they went there?" I was amazed by the sheer audacity is takes to not only quote history wrong, but to name your team it AND get very inflammatory styled jerseys to boot. Those crazy kids and their crazy...nazism.

snoopay700
03-04-2010, 01:13 AM
I normally do too but when I saw these guys I was like "Seriously...they went there?" I was amazed by the sheer audacity is takes to not only quote history wrong, but to name your team it AND get very inflammatory styled jerseys to boot. Those crazy kids and their crazy...nazism.
People who are stupid are often such due to unfortunate genes or by choice. The sad truth is that you can't do anything to remedy this, so i've started to not really care about that stuff, in the end i don't get anywhere with them and i've wasted my own time. That's how i've come to see it.

ed209
03-05-2010, 03:57 PM
While I dont agree with how they approached it and how historically incorrect they are I have to say they dont have a lot of balls.
If your going to go all out like that and be totally retarded, ignorant, and inbreed, at least have the swastika on your jersey.

sjrtk
03-07-2010, 11:49 PM
I wish this was a joke. To many of my family served and fought the Nazi's in WW2, no veteran i have ever met was afraid of them. My great uncle Bill was in Bastogne in the 101st Great Uncle Mac was in Sicily were he was hit by a machine gun up the left side of his body died 60+ years later though. These kids are worthless. They need to learn what men are supposed to act like and grow up.

ShooterJM
03-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey dre, been awhile, do you know if Tack is around and still in paintball?

Lohman446
03-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Wow, reading there "historical" introduction one would have thought the Germans won WWII and that the soldiers did not surrender in mass numbers but fought until the bitter end.

I do not, as others have, it takes guts to wear that stuff around people who have projectile weapons. Or stupidity, and judging by the thread I am going with its not guts.

chafnerjr
03-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Just goes to show how our wonderful educational system is coming along!

P.S. From a historical standpoint... it's easy to say that we won the war but much more difficult to call it a victory... we're still dealing with the ramifications of that war more than 60 years later! Besides almost everything that was liberated ended up with the commies for the following 40... save for France.. and well, you be the judge. :rolleyes:

kobeastly
03-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Well I had been living in the Springfield area for a while until about a year ago and didn't realize we even had a local "team" by this name. It may even show how much I listen to what certain people say since after looking at their page I realized I know some of them and never realized that the "team" existed or that they were on it. If someone was to really wish to express their disapproval of this team I think the person to get in touch with would be Scott B. at Karnage. The Springfield area has long been a stronghold for the axis side of Oklahoma D-Day due to this I would suspect that this teams sponsors would take the name for granted and probably haven't looked into the teams pbn page or too deeply into their opinions.

dre1919
03-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Shooter...I don't know actually, I haven't seen Tack on here in forever. You still playing some ball down in Florida?

-dre