PDA

View Full Version : Emag Questions

llaw99
03-01-2010, 06:09 PM
So I just found out I can't use my brand new tac-one on my local speedball field or any of their tournaments because of the RT effect. I'm either getting an Emag lower for it or getting an Etek 3 from Planet Eclipse.

The Emag lowers seem to be going for $3-400 which is quite pricy especially for something almost 10 years old. On top of that they are only available pre-used. My question is how reliable/durable they are and how well do they keep up with today's electric gun standards. I mean for $475 I can get an Etek 3 LT which seems to have a lot of great features and thats hard to pass up.

I'm just worried about how old the boards and internals are for the Emag. I don't want to get an Emag and have a science project on my hands. Should I expect to be replacing parts for the Emag lowers?

Thanks for reading

Coralis
03-01-2010, 07:12 PM
If you have a ult properly tuned there should be no RT effect or if you have an adjustable tank its output pressure could be turned down to preclude the RT effect.

RehKal
03-01-2010, 10:16 PM
So I just found out I can't use my brand new tac-one on my local speedball field or any of their tournaments because of the RT effect. I'm either getting an Emag lower for it or getting an Etek 3 from Planet Eclipse.

The Emag lowers seem to be going for $3-400 which is quite pricy especially for something almost 10 years old. On top of that they are only available pre-used. My question is how reliable/durable they are and how well do they keep up with today's electric gun standards. I mean for $475 I can get an Etek 3 LT which seems to have a lot of great features and thats hard to pass up.

I'm just worried about how old the boards and internals are for the Emag. I don't want to get an Emag and have a science project on my hands. Should I expect to be replacing parts for the Emag lowers?

Thanks for reading

Mags are still being banned on fields for every day play? How sad. Tournaments I can understand due to BPS restrictions.. but most of the places I play don't seem to pay any attention to such regulations. Even the ones THEY set in place themselves.

Ando
03-01-2010, 10:53 PM
You need to show them the marker isn't a liability. Find a preset tank that's around 800 psi or buy a longer on/off pin (cheaper way to go) and install it in your on/off. The longer the pin the less reactive the trigger is. Make sure you can't get it to RT and let the ref's/field owner fire it to verify. That should get you in what ever game you want.

I find it ridiculous fields even play that card anymore.

llaw99
03-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Is it possible to change a cap on Xmod ramping modes?

smeek
03-02-2010, 05:47 AM
Xmod lets you adjust the bps cap through the buttons. Not sure if it has a tourney lockout though.

You could always get rid of the RT by making it a pneumag, which would be cheaper than emag lowers.

Dominic
03-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Is it possible to change a cap on Xmod ramping modes?
X-mod has the bps adjustment and you can cap your burst mode. Also you will have to make a little jumper to use as a tournament lock. Talk to Lornecash or look up his posts. Once installed the marker can not be adjusted until removed. Makes it tournament legal. In my opinion mags are still better than most new guns, even if they are old. Howver it is a little bit of a different animal than the new electrics of today. That being said, an E-mag in working condition should not give you any problems.

kcombs9
03-02-2010, 09:37 AM

Thanks for reading

Sure its 10 years old but everyone with etek / Ions / egos /dm's go :wow: when they see my Emag shoot. And I have a Stock 3.2 board.

as its been said a in good working condition set of lowers will serve you well.

XM15
03-02-2010, 10:55 AM
I find it funny that RT mags a tournament gun from the late 1990's are not allowed in tournys in 2010 and now your field? Considering most of the kids these days look at them as inferior to there beloved ego's ,dm's etc.
Your right you can buy a etek for the same or less than emag lowers but they are still making etek's. The emg lowers that exsist today is all there will ever be at least for the for seeable future. You can buy a brand new camaro for the same price or less than a fully restored 40 year old1969 camaro . It comes down to do you want sell the etek in 2 years for half what you paid for it or do you want to sell the emag lowers for as much or more than you paid for them?

Dend78
03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
I find it funny that RT mags a tournament gun from the late 1990's are not allowed in tournys in 2010 and now your field? Considering most of the kids these days look at them as inferior to there beloved ego's ,dm's etc.
Your right you can buy a etek for the same or less than emag lowers but they are still making etek's. The emg lowers that exsist today is all there will ever be at least for the for seeable future. You can buy a brand new camaro for the same price or less than a fully restored 40 year old1969 camaro . It comes down to do you want sell the etek in 2 years for half what you paid for it or do you want to sell the emag lowers for as much or more than you paid for them?

:cheers:

Advanced
03-02-2010, 12:47 PM
And yet ramping is allowed on every electro? Hell, ions shoot rediculously fast and just about everyone has one running in ramp mode.

smeek
03-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Most fields don't allow ramping(not heavily enforced though) and RT's were banned pretty quickly in the 90's. Classics were the tournament gun of the early 90's and they don't have any RT effect. Mid 90's introduced the 1 shot 1 pull with trigger return being less than or equal to the force required to pull rule, the rule was made as a reaction to the RT before the electronic revolution.

XM15
03-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Almost 15 years since its introduction and the RT/ X valve is still so feared that they need to write tourny rules to deal with them. Not bad for a obsolete mechanical gun.

kcombs9
03-02-2010, 03:50 PM
heh and most fields wont even know what a Automag is unless you explain to them what it can do you can just slip under the radar. least for rec play.

I did have a guy say to me last week when I was getting air in the pro shop

"oh an Emag... the first cheater gun"

after asking for more clarification I guess people would switch to M mode and turn the board off when a ref asked to check it :ninja: this of course was back before electronic guns where the norm

athomas
03-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Unfortunately, most fields these days that have people that don't know better, confuse the mag reactive trigger with the full auto response triggers of some of the other guns on the market.