PDA

View Full Version : Classic Mag Reg Seat

Nanotech
03-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Hi all,
I'm new to the forums here, just got an upgraded classic valved level 10 mag. I was having velocity problems, always ~330-350 over the chrono, and think I have isolated the problem. How do you unscrew the spring pack from the regulator nut? There is a tiny piece that sticks up and moves freely, but otherwise nothing else moves. It is screwed into the regulator nut until flush, so I have nothing to grip it with. Note this is inside an ANS Quick Twist nut.
Thanks in advance!

Nanotech
03-01-2010, 07:37 PM
One other thing I forgot. The valve does not entirely seat into the mainbody. It sits ~1-2mm away when screwed in. Is this normal?
Thanks again.

Ando
03-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Hey bud. ANS made two types of those velocity adj. One went to their adj regulators which the body is longer, the inside is milled out and deeper then the one they made for the Automag. That's probably what you have. It won't work with the mag. The one they made for the mag is identical beside the length.

The spring pack should just pop out of it. There's a hole in the back of the adj screw. If the spring pack is stuck inside of it you should be able to push it out.

About the body halves. You'll need to get a new reg seat seal. The one currently in your marker is more then likely for a ANS regulator. They look like and quack like a duck but they won't work with the Automag as you can see. They're a little thicker and made out of a really hard nylon that doesn't budge at all which won't allow the 2 halves to sit flush.

You'll defiantly need a another velocity adj screw and a new reg seat. PM me, I think I might have both in my parts box.

Nanotech
03-01-2010, 08:24 PM
I have the original velocity regulator also, presuming it is a small 3/4" long piece. It also looks like there is a third one as well, with knurling all around the knob and several holes drilled in the flat cap.

I did manage to get the spring pack out, as you suggested. What grease would you recommend for this? White lithium?

For the reg seals, what do you mean? The small, tan reg seal I see is entirely not flexible at all, but the halves of the valves do fit snugly and seem to align properly. I am planning on getting the Mag O-Ring Replacement Kit, which contains two extras, so would those be sufficient?

Thanks for all the help!

Jacobd
03-01-2010, 08:32 PM
One other thing I forgot. The valve does not entirely seat into the mainbody. It sits ~1-2mm away when screwed in. Is this normal?
Thanks again.

This is normal yes, if you squeeze it you should be able to make the valve and body touch together (that's how it is on mine atleast)

Ando
03-01-2010, 09:23 PM
For the reg seals, what do you mean? The small, tan reg seal I see is entirely not flexible at all, but the halves of the valves do fit snugly and seem to align properly. I am planning on getting the Mag O-Ring Replacement Kit, which contains two extras, so would those be sufficient?

Thanks for all the help!
Ooo :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:

I'm sorry bro. I read it wrong. I was thinking you meant the valve halves. That's normal like jacobd said. I have that reg adj if you want it tho.