PDA

View Full Version : stupid ULT question

pump
03-03-2010, 02:40 AM
and i might get the same kind of answers

the ULT in AIR valves do not work well because the pin doesnt return fast or hard enough correct?

so wouldnt an old stock frame have better results than other frames?

MANN
03-03-2010, 07:31 AM
your frame has nothing to do with it.

kcombs9
03-03-2010, 08:15 AM
It should work fine. If you drill the hole out I believe.

vf-xx
03-03-2010, 09:03 AM
I believe it's that the valve itself doesn't recharge fast enough to properly handle the ULT. I may be wrong, but I do remember that all reports say that ULT doesn't work in a classic valve.

You can get a lighter trigger in a classic valve by using a stock RT on/off. Or at least so Ive heard.

Flatliner333
03-03-2010, 09:22 AM
I have used the ULT in my A.I.R. Valve...it will fit without modification. I only did this to take some of the strain off my solinoid when using the valve on an E Frame.

athomas
03-03-2010, 06:01 PM
The force on the top of the on-off pin of an AIR valve is regulated at the same pressure as the chamber. So the pressure available is roughly half that available for a retro valve. The ULT pin is also smaller by about half. This results in about 1/4 of the available return force for the AIR valve compared to the retro valve. The ULT will work in the AIR valve, but everything needs to be tuned to perfection to reduce any friction to almost nothing.

pump
03-03-2010, 07:52 PM
The ULT will work in the AIR valve, but everything needs to be tuned to perfection to reduce any friction to almost nothing.so then would a frame that has less leverage on the sear pin also help with it returning?
or is the force the on off pin the same?

also how about a lighter sear?

eh just deep thoughts by jack handy

athomas
03-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Anything that reduces the amount of force required to reset the sear will help. That includes a lighter sear, better leverage, etc.

pump
03-03-2010, 08:58 PM
yeah thats what i was thinking

now im really thinking of trying an old stock frame

actually i was thinking of a dual action sear for the mag to achieve the same result
sear would be self resetting, eliminating the need to adjust the on off pin to prevent sear chew. and the on off pin would just need to fight against the trigger

but then its not simple