PDA

View Full Version : Air America

VailSkibum
03-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Hey all,
I'm getting ready for Tombstone, May 1 & 2, and need to get some gear updated. Your infinite knowledge and wisdom is needed.

First, I would like some input on an Air America Raptor Rex. Before I blow more cash on getting the bottle Hydro'd, can someone answer this: The regulator had a problem with chopping piston O-rings. I searched the Tech Forums and pretty confident that I found the solution to this problem. (2 turns, then bleed the pressure). My question is: Legend has it that you can use an Automag Parts kit to rebuild this regulator. Has anyone been sucessful? How sucessful? And, if not, does anyone know where to get a substitue piston O-ring? Or would it be wiser to just get a new Ninja or the like. I don't have an X Valve yet, but I am planning on one and I want the adj reg. for the RT.

Any help, suggestions, advice on this issue is always greatly appriecated.

Thanx in advance,
:cheers:
VSB

vf-xx
03-03-2010, 02:03 PM
an Automag parts kit should work just fine.

If you need detailed help, a couple of the folks from AA started Guerrilla Air. They helped me out when I had problems with my Armageddon.

Shane-O-Mac
03-03-2010, 05:43 PM
You can use some Mag parts, but you CANNOT use the reg seat and pin. A Mags reg seat is way too soft for 3000 or 4500 psi, it will deform and not work properly. The piston o-ring and the body half o-rings can be used from a Mag kit. The piston looks the same, but it isnt, the AA piston has a higher blow off rating. A Mag piston is set around 400-450 psi. A Raptor reg piston is set to 1200psi or so.

Advanced
03-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Do what I do, install an on/off switch and never worry about that stuff:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/chmodx/DSC08335.jpg

VailSkibum
03-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Do what I do, install an on/off switch and never worry about that stuff:

I solved that problem early. I have a Pro-Connect that works really well as an on/off. Daniel-son... Gas on, Gas off.
I'm gonna call G.Air to see if they have any suggestions on the Reg. seat.
Thanx for everyones help here. Any other suggestions are mucho welcome-o.
VSB