PDA

View Full Version : rt pro not shooting

foxtrot90
03-04-2010, 04:15 PM
towards the end of the day last saturday i was shooting some paint threw my rt pro and when i got down to a low psi it just wouldnt shoot. figured it was just from low tank pressure. put my buddies tank on it today (was tryin to figure out if it was hp or lp for him) and it has just under 3k in the tank and still wont shoot. i think its just the sear not tripping, can anyone shed some help or fixes to this?

Dend78
03-04-2010, 04:40 PM
towards the end of the day last saturday i was shooting some paint threw my rt pro and when i got down to a low psi it just wouldnt shoot. figured it was just from low tank pressure. put my buddies tank on it today (was tryin to figure out if it was hp or lp for him) and it has just under 3k in the tank and still wont shoot. i think its just the sear not tripping, can anyone shed some help or fixes to this?

what is the trigger rod doing when you air it up?

foxtrot90
03-04-2010, 04:42 PM
what is the trigger rod doing when you air it up?
it stiffins like it would shoot but it feels like the sear is not tripping the pin. lol if phone conversation would resolve the problem quicker im up for that cause i need to get this fixed asap.

SSP REAPER
03-04-2010, 05:15 PM
What type of tank and reg are you using? What is the output psi of each reg?
Mags WILL NOT shoot on lp tanks. Get us this info and we can go from there :)

foxtrot90
03-04-2010, 05:31 PM
ya i know, thats why i have a max flo on it. thing is, it did this with my max flo and also my buddies tank (we were trying to see if it would shoot on his tank, thus identifying it as a hp tank). it did this at the end of the day when i was at the field and i thought nothing of it.

Ando
03-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Mags love OIL!!!

Try messing with your field strip screw (loosen and tightening it), it should be finger tight to begin with. You should hear a click when you have it set right. Tighten with a allen key if need be but don't go more then a turn or you'll bust the screw off in the marker.

foxtrot90
03-04-2010, 06:21 PM
ill try the oil when i get home. at my girlfriends house right now, just got back from my buddies house and tried his hp tank, still a no go. idk if its the sear that isnt tripping the pin, or if its something there after. retuned the lvl X so that isnt the issue. any other options than oil? im going to call agd tomorrow and see what they say if it isnt fixed by tonight.

EDIT: after thinking about it, im about 90% sure either the sear isnt tripping the pin, or the pin isnt doing its job after being tripped. options?

Advanced
03-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Could be your on/off, check the orings in there.

Ando
03-04-2010, 07:17 PM
What Adv. said. When you get home. Just replace all the on/off oring and while your at it, oil everything up. Hopefully that gets things going.

foxtrot90
03-04-2010, 08:22 PM
oiled the crap outa it, checked the on/off, and now when i shoot it sounds like its trying to do something. like a little popping noise. its not the sear cause a classic valve will shoot out of it.

Ando
03-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Well only other thing I can think of that would cause this is

Your velocity is too low or a missing rail bushing. Still think it might be something with your on/off. Just replace all the oring or install a different one if you have a spare.

foxtrot90
03-05-2010, 09:44 PM
well the sear arm was out to far, so i fixed that. it still wont shoot. i admit defeat and agd is goin to have a project in route in tomorrows mail.

Advanced
03-05-2010, 09:50 PM
I had the same problem with my old minimag and a RT valve. The valve worked in other guns, I found the on/off pin was too long. I used a sanding disc on a dremel and just shortened it like a hair and the gun worked great.

Have you tried a different on/off pin? Because some mags use different lengths. Like Emags.

foxtrot90
03-05-2010, 10:47 PM
no, havent tried that. i tried the rt pin in my classic and it shot, so idk. rather than getting into all that and shortening it to much i think im just goin to send it in so they can do whatever without me messin it up lol.

foxtrot90
03-07-2010, 11:59 PM
for poo's and giggles i tried shortening the length of the pin, still a no-go.