PDA

View Full Version : New Parts = Problems

Soonersdds
03-06-2010, 02:01 PM
alright so I got the fever to try to upgrade the look of my mag and ran into some problems. First here was my original setup:

Classic Valve/ lvl 7 bolt
agd ule body
am/mm rail
original carbon fiber trigger frame

at this point everything is working beautifully, so of course I start to chance parts and things go wrong. I picked up a venomous rail and and RTP sear for the rail and dropped them into my setup. Now if I take slow single shots everything seems to be okay, but if I try to squeeze off a couple in a row I get this "pssff" sound and and a ball kind of rolls out the barrel. I noticed the trigger rod when this happens is not returning to its full position after the previous shot so if I even lightly touch the trigger, not even trying to pull it, the gun goes off. I switched completely back to the old setup and everything again worked great, no problems.

Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated. The weather is getting nice and its time to play. Thanks in advance.

Ando
03-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Rail bushing?

Soonersdds
03-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Using bushing that came with venomous rail, hand tighten field strip screw, thinking about it I am wondering if the on/off pin in my classic valve might not be long enough since I am now trying to use a rail that is thicker/taller than my old am/mm rail?

Ando
03-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Your on/off pin should be fine. Sounds like your marker isn't resetting properly.

You have a gap between your trigger and sear arm? You should have a gap about the thickness a credit card.

Soonersdds
03-06-2010, 04:39 PM
That is what it normally is with the old setup, when I switched back I checked. With the new rail and sear it is also that during slow deliberate pulls of the trigger, but when trying to string a couple of shots together and hearing the chuffing sound if I look down at the trigger rod it is much further back, hence the firing after light touch of trigger. Also there is a slight clicked noise about 1-2 seconds after a shot is fired that sounds like the sear is still trying to move or reset

Ando
03-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Tighten up your field strip screw a little more with a allen key.

Soonersdds
03-06-2010, 06:46 PM
so after switching back and forth several times from the old rail to the new I noticed that the new sear directly contacts the trigger and has no space like the old one, assuming this is the problem, that the trigger rod is too long how do I best go about shortening the rod, it seems loc tited?

Ando
03-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Hmm....Didn't you say the gap was good :confused:

I always used vice grips to adj the rod. It's loctite so you'll need a little force to move it.

Soonersdds
03-06-2010, 09:40 PM
lol, in my troubleshooting haze I must have gotten mixed up between the new and the old, I had it apart and back together so many times. I will try adjusting the length of the trigger rod and let you know, I think we are only talking about a matter or a mm or so.

Carnage reigns
03-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Does an RT sear work with a classic valve?

Ando
03-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Does an RT sear work with a classic valve?
Yes

Soonersdds
03-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Alright guys, trigger rod adjusted and I am now the proud owner of a fully functioning mag, thanks for the help ando