PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Tank reg

Drix
03-07-2010, 02:24 PM
So I've heard alot of things about tank regs and extra pressure and whotnot. What are the favored tank regs? Seems like flatlines and Armageddons are a plus, but how bout regs like the raptor rex? Will a ninja cut it for an emag with xvalve?

03-07-2010, 02:51 PM
I like Centerflag regs for mags

you can get shims for the Ninja regs that will up their output to 950 psi, that would be great for a mag, although on the RT valves thats probably going to get the RT effect rockin
dont know if your in to that or not

Advanced
03-07-2010, 02:58 PM
A ninja will work....most presets will.

But if you want that extra umf behind the trigger you need adjustable.

Just about all of my guns run off Air America Armageddons. Hard to find but a great, consistent tank.

vf-xx
03-07-2010, 02:59 PM
It really all depends on what you want to do. Unless you're going to run remote, adjustable tanks are generally best set up for one gun. They can be swapped, but it's a hassle.

Personally I like my Armageddon. I've also gotten along well with Raptor Rex's. Downside to both, neither have an on/off switch. You either have to put a ball valve inline, or use something like a proconnect (I'm not sure I'd trust a slide check).

If you've got multiple mags and aren't interested in fine tuning for RT effect, then using a Ninja built up to 850+ will work just fine.

Konigballer
03-07-2010, 06:07 PM
I love my 2nd gen MaxFlo, great for RT/X valves. Adjustable, very high flow re-charge. The only problem I've heard with them is with the on/off o-rings getting pinched/shaved when re-inserting the on/off knob assembly back into the reg. Mine has never had this problem though. A bonus is you can still find re-build kits for the MaxFlo, which is alot harder with some of the other adjustable regs. Also, Z-man swears by the MaxFlo, which is a pretty good endorsment for any reg.

I've also used a Crossfire HP preset with my Retro-valved Minimag. It was very consistent, I just couldn't RT with it. Great for straight semi play though.