PDA

View Full Version : GLUED vs SCREWED Barrels

HyperSnyper
02-06-2002, 02:38 PM
Just wanted a general concensus.

DYE said GLUED is the best way to go since the 2 pieces cannot be removed, then the threading and alignment cannot be messed up over time.

JT says that SCREWED is the way to go since you can get more versatlity in your system. Swap Bore sizes and tip lengths.

Whats everyone's opinion. After all, majority of the new barrels coming out are ALL SCREWED (Freak, JT, CP, J&J, Dark Series, Epic, Equation, Check It, Powerlyte, etc... the list goes on and on) Why would these companies do this if it would jeopardize their performance? Or why would DYE claim that GLUED is better? Just to stand their ground in the industry and/or save face?

Let me know all

-Hyper

headcase
02-06-2002, 02:53 PM
My take on it is DYE wants to make more money. They will make more money selling you 3 different Boomie in 3 different bores, than they would just selling you 3 backs. Ditto with lengths, and anything else that can be interchanged.

Thats my take on it, but for what it is worth, I don't even really like 2 piece barrels.

a_malfunction
02-06-2002, 03:34 PM
I'd have to go with 1 piece.....

Major Ho
02-06-2002, 07:04 PM
In my experience with one of my two pieces, its a 32*? carbon fiber i do believe, the stainless steel part of the barrel completely separated from the carbon fiber part due to the glue failing to...glue :p
Although, if the darn thing didnt fall apart it Is one less thing to worry about.
Ever have to worry about your barrel vibrating loose off your gun mid game, kinda the same thing with the 2 piece screw in's. But on that side of the arguement it IS more versatile, more tips etc...

Then I thought to myself again. The only real important part is the control bore, so...I have only just confused myself.

DarkRipper
02-06-2002, 07:17 PM
On the flip side, I'm going from a sweet freak setup to another pack of boomers. I just keep coming back to the boomer.

:)

Must just be me.

:)
DR