PDA

View Full Version : pumpmag?

ProblemKinder
03-10-2010, 02:41 AM
ok so I would really like a pump mag. how impossible is it to make that happen these days? I have a classic mag that honestly, I bought because I had mistakingly bought a Z-grip for the classic rail instead of my RT rail. I don't actually like playing with it (trigger pull feels like 100 lbs compared to my ULT mag). I would love to turn my classic mag into a pump. can it be done?!?!

Ando
03-10-2010, 06:59 AM
It's not imposable. Just keep your eye open on BST. Pump kits come up all the time. If your looking to sell the Z-grip to fund the pump build, let me know.

Ando
03-10-2010, 07:05 AM
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249502&highlight=pump+kit
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249025&highlight=pump+kit

ProblemKinder
03-10-2010, 07:17 AM
It's not imposable. Just keep your eye open on BST. Pump kits come up all the time. If your looking to sell the Z-grip to fund the pump build, let me know.

nah IIRC there were only 400 z grips made and I have 2...I like that =]

thanks for the links BTW. how hard is it to install the pump kit? seeing as I'm not very mechanically inclined, will I be better off shipping it to someone to do the work? if so, then who? Luke?

Ando
03-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Luke can do the pump milling on the body and rail. You'll have to ask him about putting everything together and tuning it.

As for your Z-girp. Get with Tracy over at PTP. They sell field strip spacers you can install in the back of any classic RT frame which will allow you to use it on a normal setup. They sell 2 types. One you need to use with the rail bushing and another that doesn't need the rail bushing.

Loguzzzzzz
03-10-2010, 11:01 AM
If your looking to sell the Z-grip to fund the pump build, let me know.I have a Z grip frame I may be interested in selling. Will PM you too.

Sorry for the hijack!

ProblemKinder
03-11-2010, 02:41 AM
I have a Z grip frame I may be interested in selling. Will PM you too.

Sorry for the hijack!

no worries dude. I would hate for you two to miss out on a win-win deal because of some stupid forum 'etiquette'. :shooting:

thanks for the help, I'll definitely be on the lookout for the pump kit. :headbang:

Temo Vryce
03-11-2010, 10:01 AM
If you have a pump milled rail and body. The Pump kit is very easy to install. If you can install a Foregrip & Bolt Assembly, you won't have any problems. If it's not milled, then as stated before, Luke is the man to go to.

ProblemKinder
03-12-2010, 12:38 AM
If you have a pump milled rail and body. The Pump kit is very easy to install. If you can install a Foregrip & Bolt Assembly, you won't have any problems. If it's not milled, then as stated before, Luke is the man to go to.

sweet. sounds easy enough!