PDA

View Full Version : RT pro leak

tr4mm
03-10-2010, 03:26 PM
The mag has RT pro valve with ULT. It has a leak that fades away slowly as the trigger is held in. It will leak slowly for about 10 seconds after the gun is degassed also. I replaced the powertube oring and checked the spacer size. I also replaced the small and large oring at the top of the on/off assembly. It seems to leak from the frame area.

Edit
Further note: It leaks slightly more if you pull the trigger part way (not enough to fire).

Looper
03-10-2010, 06:02 PM
It's not the power tube.

You have all ready dumped the pressure chamber when you pulled the trigger so the leak is from the ULE or the regulator. You may also want to check your air fittings. Yes the ULT unscrews, you need to pull it apart as you unscrew it and there is a VERY small black o-ring in there. (it may just need some oil)

tr4mm
03-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Ah damn I think it might be the regulator pin. I pulled apart the assembly and it looks like there is a small crack in the white disc between the two bottom orings.....

....Would this explain the slow stoppage after the trigger is pulled?

On second note, is that disc supposed to be like that so you are able to switch it out?

tr4mm
03-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Is it possible that the ULT has too many shims on it?

Tunaman
03-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Ah damn I think it might be the regulator pin. I pulled apart the assembly and it looks like there is a small crack in the white disc between the two bottom orings.....

....Would this explain the slow stoppage after the trigger is pulled?

On second note, is that disc supposed to be like that so you are able to switch it out?
That cracked plastic washer is supposed to be cracked.

Ando
03-10-2010, 11:39 PM
If you have another RT valve start swaping parts out. Sounds like your reg seat oring might have taken a dirt nap.

Too many shims will cause a leak too. Pull a few out and see if it helps anything.

Like Looper said. It's in the back end of the valve.

tr4mm
03-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Ok, it is the ULT. I switched it with the RT in the Xvalve and it works fine. I tried going from 5 shims (what was on the ULT) to 2 shims and then to no shims, and neither helped. I also replaced the the 3 white orings.

Can that little black oring go bad? If so how do I replace it and where can I get another?

athomas
03-13-2010, 05:53 PM
The mag has RT pro valve with ULT. It has a leak that fades away slowly as the trigger is held in. It will leak slowly for about 10 seconds after the gun is degassed also. I replaced the powertube oring and checked the spacer size. I also replaced the small and large oring at the top of the on/off assembly. It seems to leak from the frame area.

Edit
Further note: It leaks slightly more if you pull the trigger part way (not enough to fire).These are symptoms of too many level 10 shims in the powertube. The level 10 will leak slightly for a few seconds when you fire a shot and hold the trigger. As you hold the trigger the air leaks because there is not enough pressure to set the carrier oring tight against the bolt stem when it is close to the vent hole. Essentially, there is not enough pressure to compress the oring and push it past the vent hole, so the vent hole remains exposed. Once a bit of the remaining chamber air has leaked out, the bolt sits farther back so the bolt stem vent hole is not as close to the oring and it seals. The other symptom of slightly pulling the trigger causing a leak is also caused by too many shims. When you start to pull the trigger, the sear pushes the bolt back a bit and if the vent hole is too close to the carrier oring, then it becomes exposed and air leaks out. The solution to both problems is to remove a shim or two from your level 10 setup.