PDA

View Full Version : micro mag chop

TheBigRaguPB4L
02-06-2002, 03:16 PM
i can't get my micro to stop chopping. don't think i fired enough one at a time to really know. maybe 10 shots just single shots and it was ok. i rapid fire for about 20 shots and sliced it. now, the only thing i can think of is that there wasn't a lot of paint in the hopper. however, it's the only mag i own that will chop like that. it's not the paint cause i didn't chop in any other gun that i used today. my second guess is that it's the detent. i've never used this kind of detent before and don't know if this could be the problem. the third thing is that i'm short stroking it. it fires insanely fast for a stock valve, but i don't hear it short stroking. anybody else have any problems like that? what's up with the nubbin? i;m thinking of taking the plastic piece off and setting up a wire nubbin. don't know how, but i'm sure i could figure it out. not to pleased. someone help.

a_malfunction
02-06-2002, 03:46 PM
The detent on my micro works great. Were you out-running the hopper? Your barrel could be too tight as well. I put a long nose foamie bolt in my gun and the broken balls are gone.

fenris69
02-06-2002, 03:58 PM
i have an older micro, its not the detent, theyll cause probs with very small bore paints rattling around in there. try some med bore classic shell if you've been shooting rps adv. hellfire etc..., also check your bolt, i found that(perhaps due to the tolerances) the shortnose stock bolt...well also due in part to the smaller balls, was cracking the balls open so that while most of the time it just spooged everywhere, i noticed several leaving the barrel trailing paint out of a crack in the shell. try a diff bolt as suggested above

soilent green
02-06-2002, 04:04 PM
Is it choping or breaking their 2 different things if the bolt is actually choping the ball then its a feed issue I don't own a micro but on my classic p/f if the feed plug is out a little it won't feed right It happened to me and I chopped every rapid fire shot so check that out it could be that or a factory defect thats assuming their p/f is similar to the AGD one

TheBigRaguPB4L
02-07-2002, 02:16 AM
i'm chopping. the powerfeed is slightly different then the one on the regular mag. it's definitely not the barrel cause it's fairly larger bore than the paint. i'm shooting diablo blaze and midnights. i put the same barrel on my cocker and it shoots like a dream. but when i put it on the micro, chop city. i did take a look at the detent and the spring was really messed up. i'm hoping this was the problem and the detent wasn't always returning the way it should, thus causing the problem due to double feeding. i put a new spring in there and i'm gonna try it out next chance i get.

DimSum
02-07-2002, 09:32 AM
I had that exact same peoplem. My gun would short stroke too easy. All u need to do is adjust ur trigger rod. Pull it back about 1-2 threds. Because if ur trigger is too close to the rod it becomes supper sensitive. this will cause u to short stroke really easy. and on mags u don't want a supper sensitive trigger cause its no angel. the bolt works totaly different.

Wild_Osiris
02-07-2002, 10:46 AM
It's those garbage, benchmark frames. They make the pull much longer. ALso check to make sure that when you chop, a piece of the shell doesnt get inbetween the detent and the spring. (rare but happened to me). Your detent spring may also be weak hope this helps.